Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

DONT SEE SAVE AS OPTION FOR MID FILES

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by xmastatazx, Jul 25, 2003.

1. xmastatazx

xmastatazx New Member

Hey everyone, i have been pulling my hair out about this, i dont know what to do. i have emailed myself at my#@vtext.com tons of times with attachments of small mid files 20kb and less. i get the message on my phone with the mid file enclosed in { } now i click on options and the only options i have are

when i initially get the messagem ther eis also a message for save message which i click on, and then when i go to saved folder where the message is, i open it and i click on options, and the only thing i get are these options:

1. reply w a copy
    2. forward
    3. erase
    4. save address
    5. save quick-text
    6. lock

i've seen several times where people get the save song or save picture option, but i don't get it, is tehre something i am doing wrong, do i need to sign up with something by calling verizon?

2. xmastatazx

xmastatazx New Member

as well, i am not currently signed up to verizon picture messaginh, i think 2.99 monthly unlimited till folowing january. would i need to be signed up for this in order just to save music and graphics?

3. rallykid

rallykid New house = No free time

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    Yup, that is where the problem is. You can either sign up for the $2.99 unlimited or get charged .25 per tone or image you send

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. xmastatazx

xmastatazx New Member

ok, thanks for the ifo, one last thing!

i currently have 2.99 for 400 txt messages, if i get this picture messaging, will that include txt, sound, and picture messaing in one?

5. rallykid

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    I know it includes sound and picture messaging, not sure if text messaging is different or not

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. xmastatazx

xmastatazx New Member

Hey, i jus added express network feature for free and i added picture messaging foor 2.99

i jus sent an email with attachment, i got the message but i still didnt get an option to save the midi file,

the only options i get

1. reply w a copy
    2. forward
    3. erase
    4. save address
    5. save quick-text
    6. save message
    7. lock

where is this save as option or save music or whatever everyone i saying?????

7. xmastatazx

xmastatazx New Member

ah ha! i found the trick, u need to have picture messaging feature setup on account, express network (free) setup on account, and u need to email the pic or sound to 1+areacode+phone#@vzwpix.com and it goes thru fine, wooho!

8. rallykid

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    Cool, you figured it out. I guess I could have gone into a little more detail but I was at work and I was swamped.........and of course now it is 11:15 at night and I have been knocking back Coronas like water so I am not sure I would have been a lot of help anyway. Ok, I am going to fall down now.....

9. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    just had a bacelor party the other night..and im HURTIN !! talk about beer and alcohol tasting like water...neway hope you feel better than i do in the morning i still feel drunk and that was thursday night. Glad to see that you figured out the attachment issue. however i just send it to my phone without the area code just xxx-xxxx@vzwpix.com and it works fine.

10. xmastatazx

xmastatazx New Member

oh well that's weird, hey im not complaining it works!

do u know if picture messaing is required for this? or is it recommended? since ypu would be charged for every picture or sound sent to and from ure phone?

11. rallykid

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    I would get the $2.99 unlimited picture messaging. If you don't have it on your account they will charge you .25 for every picture or tone you send or receive.