Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Does the Dare, Krave & Voyager have "push" e-mail?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by CRC, Mar 22, 2009.

1. CRC

CRC Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    My contract with T-Mobile is up on May-1st. Considering a switch back to Verizon then. Currently a BlackBerry user, but trying to see if there are different options. Like the idea of being able to view V-Cast video clips...can't do that on the BB's. Also would save me a few bucks over a BB plan. (V-Cast $15 + $5 e-mail, correct?) Could then get a $5 text plan to total = $25 extra over voice plan vs $29 BB + $5 text = about $35 more. Save $10?

I know the Dare, Krave & Voyager say they have "e-mail clients", does it or can it be set up to push the e-mails in automatically? Or would I have to sign in to AOL each time, then pull in the e-mail's? I've been told by some they have to be "pulled" in, a manager @ the VZW store in SF told me that for these phones, they can be "pushed" in. What's correct?

Thanks much in advance!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. scottb

scottb Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 7 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Visible
    For the phones you mentioned, you can use the VZW Mobile Email client. It won't push email, but it does give you a notification that you have new mail. You then have to go fetch the mail. I found the notifications to be erratic--sometimes I would get them within a half-hour, sometimes two hours. I ended up just forwarding a text message to my handset for each email I received. This method works well if you have unlimited messaging.

3. josephd

josephd Tomorrow is another day.

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    So I guess it is not just AT&T, I have that exact same problem.