Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Does the 6015i work in Australia

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by lj138, Aug 9, 2005.

1. lj138

lj138 New Member

Hi everyone

I am moving to Australia, and I don't know whether to get rid of my Verizon 6015i before I go, or take it on the off chance that my Australian GSM SIM (that I have from when I lived there before) will work in it. I don't even know whether it's the same network. I know it's GSM in Australia, I don't know what Verizon is here in the US.

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance

2. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    Telstra operates both a 900/1800 MHz GSM network that your Austrailian SIM might be for, and an 800 MHz CDMA 1xEV-DO network like Verizon's. Here is their collection of coverage maps.

I'd say, sell your 6015i here. You could email Telstra, and ask if they would activate it first. I remember reports of one or two persons who wanted to buy prepaid service on Telstra using their CDMA phones' NAM2, and didn't get it.

COtech

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lj138

lj138 New Member

Thanks very much, COtech, very helpful information. I think I will offload the 6015i here. My Aust SIM is for the 900MHz GSM network and I'm with Vodafone, who don't have a CDMA network. CDMA is not so popular in Australia and the coverage isn't fantastic, so I'm better off sticking with GSM over there.

Many thanks for your response.

4. Chinasaur

Chinasaur Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8330
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    You had better unload it here. The 6015 is a CDMA phone..not GSM.

Good phone though :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...