Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Does the 6015i display the time?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by ZaphodB, Oct 30, 2004.

1. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    My wife has the 3589i and it's going back because it doesn't display the time on the home screen, only the screensaver. Since she uses her phone both as a phone and as a watch, this is unacceptable to her.

Does the 6015i display the time on the home screen? She really loves Nokias.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Both phones should display the times.
    I'm looking at my 3589i right now...
    -Go to Settings
    -Time Settings
    -Clock-hit select
    -select show clock

That should be it, for the 3589i... I guess it should be the same for the 6015i.
    How's your experience for now?? Is everything fixed now?

Hope this helps,
    Andy

3. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    I returned the 3589i and got the 6015i for her, she likes the form factor better anyway. No, it's not fixed, but I do get a couple of calls per day telling me they're working on it.

The deal now is that they can't activate the 6015i because they can't find her account in the billing system. The 3589i got crappy reception everywhere but at least you could make and receive calls with it. Now it's just a paperweight. To say this is not exactly furthering domestic tranquility here at Geek Valley is somewhat of an understatement.

I figure I won't get anywhere with this until Monday, I assume that the porting and billing-system experts don't work Sundays.

OTOH, even though the 6015i says "roaming" and isn't activated, it shows four bars of signal strength in the house (with antenna up or down, no difference); the 3589i showed zero (analog and zero) or one (1x or D and one bar). My LG 4500 shows usually 3 or 4 out of 6.

I do have to say I'm a little nonplussed by the coverage. From all the Verizon and 800-MHz cheerleading done both here on WA and by my co-workers, I thought Verizon was the silver bullet to coverage issues... but we were at the Third Street Promenade and in-building coverage sucked out loud... one bar if I was lucky.

I am going to be asking for a proration of my monthly access fee proportionate to the number of days my wife's phone was out of service, currently 3 out of 60 phone days (2 phones x 30 days), times $99.99 access fee per month = $5.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Again, good luck on getting everything fixed. By them calling you and keeping you updated they at least show that they care about you, the customer.

5. tattoounknown28

My Phone:
    nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    I get five bars in my house and when Im at the college I go toI get all bars on my 3589i sorry to hear yours is having problems. :p

6. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    When I purchased my 3589i on prepay back in August, I mostly received 4 or 5 bars at home, but when on the road, it went right up to 7.

More recently at home, the bars now display 6 or 7, so they may have activated a new tower around here.

7. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    either a new tower or retuned/changed the sectors to point your directions. You could find out by field testing, though.