Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Does T-mobile charge for vm retieval?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by mids1999, Mar 30, 2003.

1. mids1999

mids1999 New Member

Ok I am on the family plan and I am getting different codes on the website for the vm retrieval from the 2 phones.
    One is giving me a code f which I assume is for free but the other is coming up with code g. What is code g?

Another question I have is do they charge you when you call 611?
    All customer service calls have no code on them.

Also could someone point me to a list that describes the different code letters.

2. PTYES

PTYES New Member

Calls to 611 are free and do not count against your anytime minutes.

3. mids1999

mids1999 New Member

any charge for voicemail retrieval?
    and a link to a list of charge codes would also be greatly appriciated.
    Thanks in advance

4. hambone15

hambone15 Junior Member

You can dial your own phone number to get your voicemail, and it will count against mobile 2 mobile rather than peak time (this can be helpful if you have a plan that has unlimited mobile 2 mobile calling).

5. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I'm nearly 100% sure this won't work like that...when you call your own number from your mobile, you go right into VM and it gets billed like VM. I confirmed this a while back but will try and do so again within the next few days

bill codes:

(A) Call waiting
    (B) Call forwarding
    (C) conference call
    (D) text message
    (E) data/fax
    (F) mobile 2 mobile
    (G) voicemail
    (H) free call
    (I) international call

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mids1999

mids1999 New Member

ok
    Matt please let me know about the vm thing.
    thanks for the help

7. MrGadget

MrGadget New Member

I don't know about T-mobile, but Suncom (AT&T) is what I have used down in VA and IF I turn my phone off, then dial my cell phone # from a landline, I get my Voicemail and can press * and then my access code and then I can access my VM just as if I was on my cell phone and I don't use any minutes. Hope this helps, I am considering switching to T-Mobile when I move to CT and I am wondering if this will work the same way. Anybody try it?

8. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    mids999 - I just executed the test, will have to wait to see how it gets billed. Even if it does appear as f online, it should be correct as a g rated call on the actual paper bill. That is the policy.

MrGadget, that will work just fine on TM as well. You can also dial your voicemail backdoor number (it's a local call, just change your last 4 digits to -9999 - of course you can be billed by your landline provider for that!)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. med1

med1 Junior Member

You can dial you own T-Mobile number wait for VM and hit * to get to your messages. Dialing your own phone number DOES get billed as normal minutes even if you have free m2m. The system is smart enough to know you are calling yourself and not another mobile number.

10. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    When you dial your own mobile number, the call gets forwarded to the voicemail computer which is like transferring the call to another line. Therefore, it cannot be billed as M2M.

11. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Unless you have USCC (now ATT I guess) TDMA service in north FLA. When I had USCC, if I dialed my own cell number it was billed as M2M. Since I no longer live there and don't have the service anymore, I don't know if it is still the case.

I guess it is a product of what billing system your wireless provider uses more than anything else.

12. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I checked my unbilled calls and it was coded correctly with a "G" for a VM call. Note it didn't say "Voicemail Retrieval" but rather a call to my mobile.

4/01/03 FLS CHURCH, VA 10:47 PM 703xxxxxxx (G) 1

13. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

If you dial *123 from your T-Mobile phone, you will not be charged for checking it.

14. waldo143

waldo143 New Member

Here is how T-Mobile bills for VM Retrieval:

If you retreieve your VM from you PCS Phone by eiter dialing 1-2-3 or 1-805-MESSAGE or NPA-NXX-MAIL or your PCS# it will deduct from the respective bucket of minutes you are using (Anytime, Night, Weekend)

If you want to pick up your VM from another phone, you can by dialing your PCS Number, when VM greeting starts hit * and enter your VM Password. This will not deduct from your min.