Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Does Anybody Know Of A "Good" Cellular Reception Comparison Site?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by chokaay, Apr 26, 2010.

1. chokaay

chokaay Junior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    The website CellReception.com was mentioned in a thread in a Verizon forum.

I was just wondering if anyone here knew if there were any other GOOD cellular reception comparison websites out there (where actual customers can post their ratings/reviews on different cellular carrier service/reception in different locations. CellReception.com seems to be an OK site, but a bit "light" on the number of ratings/reviews... especially the number of Sprint reviews in different locations around CA... :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    It seems to me that such a chart would be of dubious value considering that cellphone reception can vary from on part of a neighborhood to another. If you want to find out what works well ask your neighbors.

3. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    I made Cellumap specifically for that purpose, ie: to allow people to record and post their actual, measured signal strength. I'ts available for Symbian and BlackBerry. There's not a whole bunch of data yet, but you can browse whats there, or feel free to contribue your own data (if you have a Symbian S60 or BlackBerry phone)

Cellumap Cellular Coverage Maps

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Cnet coverage check tool!
    Has anyone played around with this yet? It's only certain markets right now but it's a great tool to check and compare coverage quality in a specific area. I compared all the carrier's coverage here in Orange County and Los Angeles and Sprint is actually the best according to the amount of dark green areas.

Root Wireless - CNET Reviews

Sprint also appears to be the best in Las Vegas and San Diego

1 person likes this.
  5. bakeec

bakeec Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Nextel, Sprint
    I have a great deal of hope for CNET's Root Wireless. The app (currently for Blackberry and Andriod) is a good app that can be set to periodically (and automatically) record your coverage and data speeds based on your gps location. You can also continuously track coverage, which lasts for a few minutes, when, say you're on the road. Anyone can download the app and track their own coverage history, but the public maps are only available to 8 major markets. Once the maps go live however, this will be a great thing!!