Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Does Alltel ever make mistakes on billing?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by "Toonces" The Driving Cat, Mar 1, 2007.

1. "Toonces" The Driving Cat

Wireless Provider(s):
    previouysly plagued with nextel
    I just checked my account online & to my shock my bill is about $415.00 higher than it is every month!! I'm only 23 min over my plan. Normally my bill is around $80 each month.

I've been trying to get a human @ customer service to ask about it with no luck.

TIA

2. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    No ... Never ... Minutes over your plan are $18/minute :wink: just kidding

I've actually had a billing error but it was fixed with a call into Customer Service. Before I even finished explaining the problem the operator was telling me my new balance and corrected the error. I'm not sure about CS hours though, but I think they close at 10 pm EST. You can actually view the bill online in a pdf format to see where the extra charges came from though to be prepared for your call tomorrow. When you're logged into my account, select 'details' and then 'view bill'. It might help you know where the charges are coming from so you can see how it's wrong.

edit: I just looked at the Customer Service hours on an older bill and it is 7 am- 10 pm, that's why the call isn't going through to an operator tonight.

3. "Toonces" The Driving Cat

Wireless Provider(s):
    I just viewed the Bill Detail I am now confused. It has $0 for Roaming Charges. $374.10 charge listed as Airtime & Dir. Assist. for one month. This is a not so pleasant surprise this evening.:confused:
    I have not done anything different than any other month, I swear.

4. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    I've heard other stories of Alltel making billing errors before but I've also always heard of them correcting those errors in every story I've heard. So I'd try not to worry so much about it and just give CS a call tomorrow to correct it. My bill hasn't even shown up online yet so it might even be just a glitch in the system.

5. "Toonces" The Driving Cat

Wireless Provider(s):
    Thank you UFO.:) I'm relieved that you were not freaked out by it so, maybe its a mistake on their part & will be corrected tomorrow. Thank you again, I feel a lot better & hopeful now.

6. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    No problem, but I really wouldn't worry at this point. It could be something as simple as your My Circle minutes not being counted properly or a number of other things in the billing system. Once I added a line to my account and in the next bill apparently I was being charged for 3 new accounts, 2 of which were cancelled but I was still being billed. Apparently the rep made a mistake! lol Looking back on it, it's kind of funny and I did get freaked out but my account was credited to what it was, and then another credit was placed on top of it for the hassle. So, this might end up working out in your favor! Be sure to let us know how it turns out for you though and good luck. :)

7. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I've been freaked out by a bill or two over the years, but Alltel has always fixed it. I'm with UFO, It will be ok.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. gruss

gruss Member

My Phone:
    V3M
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    our company one has had some goofy charges but they get corrected quickly havent had any issues on the personal bills...
    did you buy a couple new phones or something or call directory assistance 300 times ;)

9. JasonWells

JasonWells Junior Member

My Phone:
    AT&T i phone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, VZW
    I have had great luck with Alltel fixing a couple billing errors for roaming charges. Now Verizon is another story!!! I wish you luck and doubt you'll have an issue.

10. "Toonces" The Driving Cat

Wireless Provider(s):
    GREAT NEWS!! Heres the short version.

I asked my store manager about it the next day at work. (Last week was my 1st week selling wireless part-time.) She said she had never seen anyone go over their anytime minutes like we had.:eek:
    She called Alltel for me & they offered to change my plan from a 900 National anytime to 2100 National anytime & back date it so we wouldn't have any overages!!!!:) Alltel said we had already gone over for the next month too. I just had to agree to keep that plan for at least 3 months and they waived my HUGE bill. "Can do!" I said, and "THANK YOU!":)

So, it was our fault & I didn't even recognise it. I'm a little embarrassed but, very grateful that my carrier was willing to offer me such a big band-aid. There was no begging involved either.

Two days later, basically same thing happened to one of the store's NEXTEL customers. Store Manager called & explained what Alltel had done for her cutomer (me;)) and "Would you, Could you please do something for this customer?" NEXTEL said "Nope, nada."

11. "Toonces" The Driving Cat

Wireless Provider(s):
    Also, I thought if we could talk that much, then we will be better off with the 2100 minutes anyway. I'd rather pay $40 more for my plan every month than have HUGE overages.

Whooo Hooo!!!!! I'm a happy girl.

12. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    That is great to hear that alltel took care of you. I would stay with that plan too. It is real easy to go over.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. grazzzy

grazzzy Junior Member

sounds like you need to get more friends switching to alltel to take advantage of the free M2M minutes. :cool:

14. cet710

cet710 New Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 7130e
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Alltel has made some mistakes with me, but just like any other here they corrected it with a 5 minute phone call. Alltels customer service is with out a doubt the best in the industry. I have been with SEVERAL carriers & worked for a couple. The CS that you get from alltel is not to be taken for granted. athe truly take care of their customers. No matter if you have 1 line of service or 101.

15. mcwilliams

mcwilliams Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel and AT&T
    I agree, when I worked there I would see mistakes quite often. But they were almost always taken care of. And usually if you couldn't get one rep to do it, just continue to be nice and say thank you and call back. You are almost certain to get someone to take care of it, like I said be nice, and don't demand they take it off. I always posed the question as "would you mind taking a look at this for me". Worked 90% of the time.

16. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    That's true. If I don't feel that the 1st rep I talk to understands what I need than I am nice about it and just say thank you and call back.

17. cet710

cet710 New Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 7130e
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Same here. Just last week I changed the number on my BlackBerry. I changed it to a number that was already on my account & I also kept the same device. Once I got home I realized that the voice was working fine; however I couldnt get on the web or send & receive emails. The first rep that I called told me that I had to change the PIN number in my BB setup with Alltel. I told him that it wasnt a new device, so I had the same pin, just a different mobile number. He still didnt understand. So I told him that I would try that & told hime thanks. Turned right back around & called back. I was fixed within a few mnutes. Never give up if you dont get response the first time you call. Some of those reps are new & learning. I would assume that turn over in a call center is unreal. Most of them take a butt chewing at least 10-20 times a day. It takes a special person for sure.

18. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I work as a customer service rep and you have to be strong to take it day in and day out, but the good part about my job is that I see most of my people face to face. That helps alot and plus I keep a bat under my desk. :)

19. mcwilliams

mcwilliams Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel and AT&T
    Well I'll walk in with a pocket full of baseballs. See how quick you are there Barry Bonds.

20. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Not to good at baseball, but I'm great at fixing attitudes. ;)

21. jmac32here

jmac32here New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    well..those mistakes may be the least of your concerns..if Alltel and Verizon merge.. and especially if the FCC steps in and makes the merger a nightmere for Verizon.

I've seen mergers of similar stature..and the buying carrier had to sell like 70% of the new towers they would have had..due to FCC restrictions on the spectrum owned by the buying carrier. (apparently mergers don't mean you gain the other carriers spectrum)

22. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Huh?

Alltel maintains 19 call centers throughout the US. At none of the call centers do CSRs see their customers "face-to-face." In fact, call centers are locked down and can only be accessed via electronic access cards, so customers CAN'T get in.

23. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ironwalt
    I work as a customer service rep and you have to be strong to take it day in and day out, but the good part about my job is that I see most of my people face to face. That helps alot and plus I keep a bat under my desk.

I don't work for Alltel. Please re-read all of the Thread and you will understand. We was just talking about the turnover rate of CSR's and how hard it is to deal with people that are upset day in and day out. Where I work as a CSR i see people Face to Face and yes I was not joking about the bat.

24. mcwilliams

mcwilliams Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel and AT&T
    He didn't say he worked for Alltel, and even then Alltel does have customer service reps that see customers face to face in the store. They are now called wireless consultants.

25. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Retail SO agents are not CSRs, they are SO agents (and yes, they are now "wireless consultants"). The true CSRs at Alltel don't deal with the customers face-to-face. I know this, as I am one.