Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Do you have a screen protector applied to your phone?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by JFB, Nov 30, 2011.

?

Do you have a screen protector applied on your phone?

1. YES

58.1%
  2. NO

41.9%
  1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Yep, YMMV is true. Except for a 3 month period with the 3GS, I've always used PS protectors, front and back. But with the 4S, I'm trying bare. Since I was never scratching my PS...I realized that I was saving the Apple screen for the guy that purchased my old phone on eBay!

I don't like the new PS's look. They added a cut out for the LED that turns the screen off with near your face. Looks really unattractive, IMO. Beforehand, the screen protector was less noticeable...now it is obvious. Also, they use to make the application in 3 sections...now they are back to 2. The 3 worked better.

Bubbles have not been a problem on the main screen. But ones that are near the screen edge do to poor alignment are a pain. My eyes are probably older than yours, and that is part of the problem. I always use the static film/tape to clean things too, but one dust bit is enough for me.

Finger and hand grease are a real everyday problem. And while the Apple Oleophobic coating is not perfect, I found that it cleans up much, much better with just a cloth, than any screen protector does: On the PS is just smears around a lot more...and it takes other measures to really make it clean.

I really like the PS anti glare. I used them for a weeks vacation on the beach in bright sun. I will probably do that again. But as PS says right on the package, they will dim the screen brightness and reduce the image quality. Just a real fact of life because the Anti-glares are just diffusers over the screen...that is how Anti-glare works.:)

So far no scratches, even with direct sun and funny viewing angles. But I know that scratches can occur. For now, it is an experiment, and the scrolling even is a bit smoother. I noticed that every time I'd change out the PS (about 5 months). I like the bare screen as it was designed.

Just my POV for now. Maybe I'll hire you to apply my PS in the future.... ;)

2. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Irish Rose,

I should correct myself a bit. With the PS Anti glare, that you have, you will hardly see fingerprints and smudges. That's the beauty of the diffuser screen. The sacrifice is diminished brightness and clarity.

That is why I likes the AG do much for the beach. Sun creamed fingers were no problem really. :)

So your experience with your anti glare vs my crystal clear PS would be understood.

Sent from my iPhone 4S with TapaTalk.

3. jimmyrayjit

jimmyrayjit New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    T-mobile
    Yes, me also carry an external pocket for my Nokia 3110c. It protects it's screen from dust and scratches.

4. alexander2020

alexander2020 New Member

Yes of course, I have been using this Iphone 4s since a long time and I have been using the screen protector from the gearmaxx from ebay. There were many products ideal for my phone so I had no hesitation in choosing one.

5. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Just to awaken this thread lol, I no longer am using a screen protector. I have since moved to a Note 3. I used a screen protector on it; however, I got tired of using it and ripped it off my phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    2 people like this.
  6. Celes77te

Celes77te New Member

mobile phone spare parts and accessories,ph
    My Phone:
    0086+18664731866
    I am good at brands of mobile phone spare parts and accessories,phone case/phone LCD/touch screen/screen protector, i hope i can help you no matter what questions of your phone accessories,good quality to protect your phone screen.

7. our3rotts

our3rotts An Iowa Gurl...

My Phone:
    Google Pixel
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZN - 4G
    phone protector - yep. and always an "orange peel" zaggshield. I can't stand the glare of natural or man-made light off the screen, my Zagg is awesome (except in the winter when my touch gloves won't work thru it)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Nope, no screen protector and no case. I rock my HTC One X in all her naked glory. Will do the same with whatever I upgrade to in the next few months.

9. Eileen89

Eileen89 Bronze Senior Member

I put a BodyGuardz glass screen protector on all of my iPhones.