Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Do not recommend

Discussion in 'PRE-PAID Cell Phone Companies and Plans' started by firewire78, Feb 25, 2007.

1. firewire78

firewire78 New Member

I renewed my contract based entirely on the reassurances from a sales agent that I would be able to get a local number, and service here in Richmond. I had specifically told the person that I was moving to Richmond. Upon moving here, I called asking for a local number, and they said they couldn't give me one because there's no service here! And now they won't let me out of my contract because "it isn't their problem I moved to an area with no coverage, and when I renewed my contract, I had service." I feel as if I were blatently lied to in the interest of securing a renewed contract, and think I should be able to get out of my contract without penalty. Guess it's time to go to the Better Business Bureau. If Cellular One should read this, you can cross reference my last name, and verify the complaints. If you don't want this going further, cancel my contract!

-tetro

2. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The only way you will get out now is if you pay the $200 early termination fee. Are you roaming in Richmond on Cingular or T-Mobile? or do you have absolutely no service at all? If you are roaming on Cingular or T-Mobile and you keep roaming for I think more than 50% of 2 months than they will terminate your contract with them, and you won't have to pay the ETF.

3. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    How long ago did you renew your contract, and how long ago did you move?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    I would keep bugging them.