Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Do Nokia phones use SIM cards?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by dskang100, Apr 25, 2004.

1. dskang100

dskang100 New Member

I'm thinking about switching my phone over to a Nokia phone.. but i've never used one and i was wondering if it used SIM cards?

2. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    Oh yes Nokia is the leading GSM phone manufacturer (for the moment) and they concentrate a lot more on making GSM handsets than their CDMA models. Where are you and what Nokia phone are you interested in?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dskang100

dskang100 New Member

I live in Northern Virginia.. i can't find a Nokia phone that's pretty AND cheap... i don't like that circular keypad thing at all... i've used a candy bar phone before but i used flip phones for longer so i'm used to the flip thing more..

4. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    What providers do you have in your area? If you're in a rural area, you might have to go with CDMA since CDMA also has AMPS (analog) fallback whereas GSM is strictly digital.

You can check for the providers in your area by going to the main page (www.wirelessadvisor.com) and entering your ZIP. That will tell you what your local providers are. As for a phone, Nokia is just getting back into the flip phone game with the 7200 (not out in the US just yet) which is more of a specialized consumer targeted phone. If you're after a GSM flip, I would recommend Samsung or Motorola.

Let me know what your providers are and whether you're more interested in GSM or CDMA.

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    i have only seen so far 2 nokia phones that are of the flip stile. one that was analogue, about 10 years ago, and now a new one that plays mp3. this new onw is on the expensive ( and ugly) side, so i guess you will not be interested in it, since you (like me) want to be economical when it comes to celular phone purchase.

i would recomend my phone to anyone, nokia 6610. it has all you need, as well as good looks. look it up on the net or on nokias site. it is not a flip phone though, but worth looking at it.

6. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Let me put it this way: all GSM phones use SIM cards. Therefore, every Nokia phone that is GSM uses a SIM card. Nokia phones that are NOT GSM, do not use SIM cards. Therefore, regardless of the brand, all GSM phones use a SIM card.