Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Do Moto V710 have Navigation?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by JasonWells, Dec 30, 2006.

1. JasonWells

JasonWells Junior Member

My Phone:
    AT&T i phone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, VZW
    While traveling with some friends, two used their (verizon) Moto RAZR V3C and V3M phones for navigation. It was SO useful. At times the one became a bit confused, but it had us at the destinations and proved very very useful. Now knowing this service is available, I want it-lol. However, this gets back to the issue of reception when getting a new phone. I would happily get a RAZR, except have seen friends have many durability problems with them, and they are not tri-mode or the best for reception. I checked the Nokia 2865i, but couldn't find navigation. The Moto V710 is a reception monster and can be acquired on ebay. It's tri-mode and appears to be a nice phone. Does it have navigation, or too old. My checking hasn't given an answer. Any other advice? Any other phones that are reception monsters, tri-mode and have navigation? Again, thank you.

Note-Will a new phone hold a really bad/useless Alltel signal, even when a strong signal from a roaming partner is readily available? The current WW Nokia 6015i has always used the stronger roaming signal, which is what I like. I remember is being said that the WW Nokia 6015i does odd things when roaming or operating in a transition area. Mine has problems, but its RF is so hard to give up. And it's time for something more modern-lol.

2. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The problem here really is that the Navigator application you're talking about is VZ Navigator, it's proprietary to Verizon. I'm not sure if Alltel offers a service like this, these type of services are known as lbs (location based service) and are making a strong comethrough for the wireless industry at the moment, there's a drawback though, it only works in areas where you have signal since the gps in the phones are slightly weak, it uses network assistance to pinpoint it. Theoretically every e911 capable CDMA phone is capable of doing this. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Well the v710 can do this. But Alltel doesn't have the software on them or the 815.

The newer phones are starting to have them though. I believe there is third party software you can get, but there are no guarantees with that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JasonWells

JasonWells Junior Member

My Phone:
    AT&T i phone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, VZW
    Thanks for the help. I looked more closely at Alltel's site. It shows a Samsung u520 for Axcess Mobile Guide navigation tool for $9.99/mo. But it said this application for your GPS phone. Hmm, I will call them about it. It also showed a map where it would work.

5. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes, there is Axcess Mobile Guide and TeleNav GSP software available for the Samsung u520 but it only works on the Alltel Axcess Broadband (EV-DO) network. Neither of those applications work off-network and they're only available for the u520, not the RAZR, e815, v710 or any other EV-DO device, at this time, anyway.

6. GeorgiaSky

GeorgiaSky New Member

My Phone:
    Moto Razr V3M (Fire Red)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel (Since 2000)
    Hi, I can't tell you about the V710's Navigational ability, but I can tell you its an awesome phone. I just upgraded to a RazrV3M and gave my V710 to my son :::sigh::: I should have kept the V710. The Razr is nice, but, being hearing impaired somewhat, the V710 was awesome as far as the volume goes, a very durable phone, and the reception.. AWESOME. I live in a very rural area and I've gone through a number of phones, but the V710 and the RazrV3M BOTH do awesome jobs with reception, but I haven't personally found anything that the RazrV3M can do that the V710 couldn't do, and the volume on the V710 was much better for me.

7. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Is also works on Alltel's native 1x network. Doesn't look like they have it working for the roaming partners.....

8. LBSGUY

LBSGUY New Member

Networks in Motion has launched AXCESS mobile guide for Altell wireless. The software runs just like VZ Navigator. Samsung U 520 is the only phone that it is currently running on.