Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

do I dare to get the DARE?

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by johnner1999, Sep 14, 2008.

1. johnner1999

johnner1999 Junior Member

I hope I can get some good feedback on this - not start a flamewar of sorts...

I have two iPhone 3G's at the moment (me and my wife) and we love them since we use Macs and iTunes not to mention all of the slick features!!!

BUT

I just started a new job where I can get a HEALTHY discount with either Verizon or Sprint. To the point where I can save about $43 a month on my bill and have phone insurance again.

The Sprint Instinct seems too clumsy (at least from an iPhone user) -- I saw a Dare the other day and seems pretty cool BUT the store had not activated it so no internet :-(

we use our phones in the way (most to least)

- web surfing (not our primary net decvice but while at work, out to eat on vacation it beats hauling around a computer)

- e-mail (gmail)

- texting a bunch

- mp3 playback while going for walks (can you plug in a stereo hetset that has built-in mic like the iphone and it will let you know when some one texted or calls?

- and a phone

I have many questions but I'll try not to ramble

How well does it stand up to daily use, I typically leave mine in my pockets with keys and such - damage at all to my iPhone? Transferring playlists to the Dare from iTunes any easy way? (I can dual boot into a Vista system). Can you buy mini applications like the itunes? Can you easily transport photo's onto the mini-sd card that can be read by a computer (I know in the past Verizon didn't allow that sort of thing??)

Well thanks and I hope to join the Virizon family soon

John

2. bobbyd1

bobbyd1 New Member

I don't have the dare but it depends on your needs. If $43 is a lot of money to you, then I would switch to Verizon. However, in terms of the phone, I heard that while the dare is decent, it does not beat the iPhone. The iPhone is a versatile phone.

3. kranium007

kranium007 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Network
    I have been using the Dare since the day it came out. LOVE IT.

-GREAT battery life
    -Touch Screen is right on!!
    -Fast Data speeds
    -Huge Text Inbox capacity
    -Great Sound
    -Great Features

Cons:
    As with most touch screens, it is hard to see in sun light.

I have also sold the dare to many customers and they all love it.

4. geoffRN

geoffRN New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon enV Touch
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VeriZon
    I use the Verizon DARE, LOVE the Phone, The touch screen takes a few to get used to. The broswer rocks, (New Firm updates) Camera 3.2 meg, Really good, Day or night with flash, Great phone. Had it for a year.