Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Do ATT and T-Mobile share GSM?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Gruuberus, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Gruuberus

Gruuberus New Member

I have just gotten a T-Mobile GSM phone. Of course it doesn't work in my house. I was wondering if ATT GSM would be any different. Does anyone know?

I'm in West Orange, New Jersey.

2. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    when Bobolito comes on he would know for sure.

My guess there would be no, but I could be wrong on this.

3. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    No, T-Mobile does not use AT&T in that area. Cingular and AT&T are a combined GSM network.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MeatChicken

MeatChicken Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    If you want to stay with GSM, go with AT&T (Now Cingular), as they have a better 800Mhz Network in your area, as well as 1900 & free roaming over to T-Mobile when/if you lose their signal.
    Otherwise go with Verizon. I am sure that they should work fine for you in West Orange, although there is a "remote" chance your house is in a dead spot for all carriers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...