Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Disturbing experience with customer service

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Kansas User, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Kansas User

Kansas User New Member

I had a very disturbing experience with Sprint customer service. The rep offered to cancel the contract on one of my phones (my daughter moved out of the sprint coverage area) without charging me the cancellation fee...however, she made me promise not to tell anyone because they didn't want other customers asking for the same thing. This left me feeling very very uncomfortable. Has this happened to any other users? Her comment made me start wondering what other customers are offered if they promise to keep it a secret??????? I cannot wait for the contract to expire on all my phones...I will be moving to a company with integrity and ethical behavior.

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Maybe it was just a ploy to make you feel special... Take a negative (they are loosing a line), and turn it into a positive (I'm doing you a real big favor - Please don't tell anyone else.)

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Read between the lines, They did you a big favor. Why not just appreciate that someone helped you. The rep may have been trying to tell you that they get all kinds of ripoff artists asking to get out of a contract that they should not be let out of. After all they signed a CONTRACT. How can you fault someone being kind to you and question their integrity. GEEEEZZZZZ!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Consider yourself lucky you got someone who offered to do that for you. With the problems Sprint's CS has had recently, you did really well. I wouldn't worry about it or leave them for it. You weren't asking for something under the table so give the rep a break for actually offering to help you the way they did.

5. djcmaz

djcmaz Junior Member

My Phone:
    BLACKJACK / TILT
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SPRINT - (WORK PHONE)/ CINGULAR
    All contracts have the out clause that allows you out of your contract if you move out of the carriers direct market and it causes loss of service.

However, you are the account holder and you haven't moved out of the direct market area.

You could have been held liable for the duration of that lines contract.

However, you probably got another "MOM" working as a CS and understood your situation and used a grey area to help you out.

You should be feeling greatful and not broadcasting to all the idiots who will take this info and turn it into a negative fashion.

SOMETIMES there still are CS reps that do not live by the book, and are there to help a customer.

I myself, experience CS reps on a daily basis and I myself can say I have seen a definate improvement in the quality of good people working in the CS department at sprint.

And I use to dread having to call them... but not anymore. I actually enjoy talking with them now.

6. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint

I think you are overreacting to this. Just be happy they made you the offer. Big deal about the keeping it a secret part.

7. Day5InJanuary

Day5InJanuary Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    i cant even believe the title to this thread. i was expecting something more than just a CS Rep doing a nice thing for a customer. if anything i would have thanked the rep for doing me this favor. Un-comfortable????????

8. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    I am glad most agree. The original poster has not commented. Perhaps they were expecting ANOTHER response. Did I forget to suggest that the adjective UNGRATEFUL comes to mind?

9. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Not so. Several carriers have clauses that state if you cancel early for any reason they can charge you an ETF. Most of them will let you out if you do move but not all of them.

And to the OP, what the CS rep told you was probably the exact thing they meant. They were being nice and letting the line out of the contract but they don't want to be inundated with calls from people saying, "Kansas User got out of her contract, why can't I get out of mine?"

10. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I see that a lot at work. You bend the rules for one customer, and then every other customer expects you to do the same. There's a difference though. The customer I bent the rules for has been coming here for years, and spends a lot every time they come. Sure that customer gets the rules bent once in a while. Everyone else is at my mercy as to whether or not I'm feeling generous that day. One thing for sure, if a customer demands an exception be made for them, most likely they're not getting it.

-Jay

11. tyler101868

tyler101868 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6265i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular
    Not all services, try getting out of a US Cellular contract when you have moved out of their coverage area. You will be charged the $150 ETF anyway. I've had it happen to a number of customers. It is in their contract that way.

Guess Moto beat me to the punch!!!! LOL

#11 tyler101868, Mar 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2008
  12. frustrated in NJ

frustrated in NJ New Member

:nono:I had a MUCH more disturbing experience with Sprint. I purchased 2 phones for $60, plus a special plan. They sent me one phone and a broadband card. I sent the broadband card back and requested the original phone be sent to me. They charged me for the bbcard, and over $200 for the second phone. Plus they put me on a different plan which I didn't even realize until I received my bill. That all happened in Oct. '07. Calling customer service (in India)
    was a TOTAL waste of time. I couldn't get a Supervisor on the phone - I was shunted around
    from one rep to the other - they were talking over my sentences and I got absolutely nowhere.
    Therefore, I submitted a formal complaint to the Consumer Complaint Division in the Attorney
    General's Office (NJ), and the FCC. It is now April and I am still waiting to see what decision
    will be made in this case. But as far as Sprint is concerned: Consumer Beware!!