Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

display ESN stored in phone - audiovox?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by mbeall, Dec 29, 2005.

1. mbeall

mbeall New Member

My ESN is smudged and I can't activate this Audiovox CDM-8900 I just got. Is there a way to display the esn stored in the phone through test mode or via some key sequence?

I can return the phone but it seems like it would be simpler to just get it from the phone?

Thanks!!

Michael

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    There should most likely be a way to find the number on the phone I am sorry I dont know the menu good enough to find it. Do you happen to have the box it came in most of the time the ESN will be posted on the box. That is all I can think to tell you try to go in to the settings and then phone settings that might tell you. Good Luck.

3. mbeall

mbeall New Member

Thanks for the reply. I dont have the box unfortunately. I was hoping someone would know the magic handshake to display the esn .. Any phone tech's out there???

Thanks!

4. mbeall

mbeall New Member

Here is the info posted to help someone else:

This code is to view the ESN- that is on the back of the phone.But if someone takes the sticker off the phone. then the phone is use-less without this information!

Enter "##20022002" and press the end key

Select "Select NAM"

SPC Code is "000000"

Next screen, select "Phone Info"

Select "ESN"

-----\
    Worked for me!

Michael