Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Discovered major Suncom billing error - check your bill

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by ninjafly, Dec 7, 2007.

1. ninjafly

ninjafly New Member

I have been a Suncom customer for around 4 years mainly on the local and then regional Unplan. My wife recently landed a job that requires lots of travel. With our plan expiring in Oct. 07 we looked around and decided to go with Alltel's nationwide plan with the MyCircle. We had a two week trial during which our Suncom service was still active. At the last moment due to Alltel's poor customer service we took an offer from Suncom to stay with them. We got the nationwide 1200 minutes with mobile to mobile, nights and weekends and the call any 10 numbers plan on each phone. (We have two on our plan which share the minutes)

This is when the trouble started. I immediately noticed that the 1200 minutes were draining quickly but the first bill was a shortened month so we were ok. The next month within 7 days about half our minutes were gone. I will attempt to shorten here so I don't bore you. What I finally discovered was that Suncom was deducting from my 1200 anytime minutes whenever I called my wife's phone even though we had mobile to mobile. I contacted customer support a total of four times and even went in the store. I was ignored and basically told I did not know what I was talking about.

I finally got the number to corporate headquarters (which was well hidden) and got a call back from Jessica in Executive response. She immediately saw the problem on my account. My last bill was over $600 but she adjusted it down. As of today which is well over a month they still have not been able to correct this issue but she is still working on it. She calls me about every 2-3 days to let me know that they are still researching the issue. I doubt seriously that I am the only customer that this happened to particularly since they can't seem to find a fix.

Please get the word out to others to check their bills.

This is my first post and I mainly joined because I did not know how to tell others about what I found.

2. SQFreak

SQFreak Moto's Not So Bad Anymore

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Q9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8130: BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

Interestingly, I had an extremely similar problem on VZW that just started happening one month. M2M minutes were coming out of rate period. The difference is that I called CS and they adjusted that month's bill and sent the account to the technicians to fix. All subsequent bills have been fine. To be honest, though, as a former SunCom customer, this doesn't surprise me. I had more than my fair share of billing issues when I was with them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...