Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Discounts for Business

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by PhoneGuy, Jun 17, 2002.

1. PhoneGuy

PhoneGuy New Member

I've taken a new position in my company managing their Telcomm equipment and expenses. We have at least 37 lines with Verizon. In looking at our expenses with Verizon I see absolutely no Discounts on either the equipment or service. With 37 active lines would it be reasonable to expect some sort of discounts on the equipment or service from our Verizon Rep?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I do your job for a Company whose name you'd immediately recognize in Westchester County NY. I assume your question applies to WIRELESS services from Verizon.

Verizon will and does offer discounts from normal consumer prices for commercial users. The extent of the discount varies based on the total number of lines/numbers, the total number of minutes, billing options, and where in the US, Canada, etc you use them. Ultimately, your discount depends entirely on the total amount that you are spending with Verizon every month -- the more you spend the more they will discount. In many cases, Verizon will let you extend the discounts to the employees and then use their lines and minutes to offset the corporate minutes. It helps if all of your telecom services are through VZ.

Reps have substantial flexibility. The specific discount you will get is based on your ability to negotiate them. The telecom business -- especially for business telecom services -- is very competitive. Verizon wants to keep you as a customer and I have found them very accomodating.... Of course, I don't know the details of your services, how you came to have them, who selected them, etc etc......

You specifically need to get your Verizon rep in for a serious talk. If you're really new in the position, it's a perfect excuse. You might want him to review ALL of your telecom services. Ultimately what you want is to have a comprehensive analysis done of all of your telecom services. (You might consider an independent third party telecom consultant. His services might well be worth the money!) That should absolutely be your job and you absolutely have to know and understand what you've got, WHY you've got it (is the person who ordered it still with the company? In the job they were doing when they ordered it?), who you're getting it from, and even more importantly what the going rate for it (or it's modern replacement!!! Don't overlook this! It is important to know what the new service is and who supplies it!) is among competitors.

Other than that, have fun in your new job.....

3. PhoneGuy

PhoneGuy New Member

Thanks for the information.
    I've set up a meeting with my rep. to look at my wireless services and discounts for the company. Your response was as I expected, but being able to confirm that with someone that's been in the business for a while, is a plus...

[​IMG]