Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

CENTRAL U.S. -- discount on monthly bill?

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by amreet, Jan 19, 2009.

1. amreet

amreet New Member

If I get to know an ATT store manager/employee is there any chance of being able to get into a new plan/contract with a percentage off on the monthly statement? :)

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 27 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Why don't you try calling them and asking how to get a discount to see if you might be eligible?

If you're employed, see if your employer has a discount program with AT&T.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. amreet

amreet New Member

Mike,
    Thanks for the reply.. the reason I posted is because I wasn't sure if it was even in their power to do so. I was hoping someone on here knew a definite answer already considering the wealth of knowledge about all things cell related on here... if not though, I'm going to head down to the local store where I've talked to the manager a couple of times and see how it goes. :)

4. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I happened to be watching Good Morning America this morning and they had a story of a man who uses legitimate ways to lower monthly bills.

There is a video story with greater detail you can find here - > GMA Mentioned on Air

This is the printed info (though brief):

This could be the way you could get the discount from your AT&T service you're looking for.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Also, some wireless companies offer discounts based on where you work... For instance, if you work for the government (local, state, federal), the Big Three will offer some kind of a discount. My best friend gets 18% off her Sprint bill since she works for the city of Atlanta. I currently get a 15% discount off my access fee on my Verizon Wireless bill. If I would have switched to AT&T, I would have received 15% off because I work for the state of Florida.

Some areas have lifeline hook-up programs for wireless as well, although this varies by company and area. If your income is almost nothing and/or you received some type of government assistance, you could be eligible for that program. From what I saw on some wireless companies' sties, the plans are very cut rate and restrictive. But it could be worth it...

6. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Knowing somebody inside ATT won't get you a discount. Heck, employees of the "bigger" corporation of ATT only get $5.00 off their bill. I hear that employees of the Wirelss (ATT Mobility) company get more but that's soon to change. Fact is, when those Texans at SBC (mascarading as ATT) gobbles something up, they "equalize" the benefits downward.

7. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I took my own advice and tried this with AT&T...No such luck. :(

Maybe I wasn't convincing enough...:confused: Oh well, I tried.

8. blsemp

blsemp Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Managers of the goobled up units recently got a fifty per cent discount on Mobility service. The USPS gets more of a discount than T Employees do.
    :censored:

9. ravensfan55

ravensfan55 New Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G 8Gb
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
  10. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    it depends on where the employee lives. They started rolling out a new discount plan in Florida (of all places) and have been working Westward. I recently heard someone in Indiana indicate they were invited to enter the new plan. Here in CA, same old, same old.

11. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Just announed to ATT corporate non-bargained, management-level employees as noted in prior post from blsemp, (Yes, I know, "bl = bell, s = south, emp = employee)

The 50% discount has reached CA. A bit more restrictive than first mentioned. Family plans, only the primary is eligable. Multiple Stand-alone plans carried by the same employee--only the first two accounts qualify. No discount on phones. Some discount on accessories IF you buy from online store. Regarding the rate discounts. Specifically, a discount on the voice rate, a discount on text-msg IF you get the unlimited and a discount on Media, again, only IF you get the highest tier.

I know companies considerably smaller (David verses Goliath) that offer much better free-bees to their employees. But hey, something is better than nothing.