Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Direct Connect Feature- Nextel and...

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by TT, Jan 25, 2002.

1. TT

TT New Member

Hi all, we're evaluating our wireless business needs and provider, and the direct connect feature seems to only be available with Nextel. Are there any other providers that offer this feature? Are there any other other comparable features from other providers? Would other Nextel users current and past give me some feedback on their experience with Nextel and their thoughts on the wireless service provider that can render the best value for early morning field personnel?

Thanks,
    Tom[​IMG]

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    If it is one place that Nextel excels, it is with the business customer. My Wireless Article.

Currently, there are agreements being forged to bring "direct connect" to Verizon and Sprint. Don't hold you breath, it will be a while. See
    this thread.

3. TT

TT New Member

Thanks for the feedback Kevin...has anyone else had experiences in the Orange County area with Nextel that they'd like to share? One other question...for now anyway...what seems to be the best service price per unit for a business with 200-500 users? The plan would likely be 400 min, 100 direct connect min, 100 text pages.

TT

4. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    Hi Everyone, I will have to agree with kevin on this one, Nextel does know how to treat their Business customers. [​IMG] My personal experiences in California have been great, they seem to cover alot of areas in cali and are expanding every day. I would personally recommend Nextel...Business or personal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Rich,

I agree with you about Nextel expanding every day. I have seen them put up more new towers here in Orange County than any other carrier in the past 3-6 months. I'm actually surprised they need as many towers as they've been putting up since they use an 800 MHZ frequency. Their towers are often as close together as Sprint's and Cingular's are. Maybe capacity issues?