Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Digital Roaming with CELLCOM In Central Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by tbrusky, Jul 17, 2003.

1. tbrusky

tbrusky Junior Member

Last night was the first time I was locked onto Cellcom digital roaming network and mind you that this has never happened before, they must be ready to launch there CDMA network for roaming partners like SPrint. I thought SPrint didint have CELLCOM as a roaming partner. ANd thought it was CellularOne. That PRL 10019 must have CELLCOM on there too. CellularOne been with Sprint ever since day one when I made the switch to Sprint. And the digital roaming only works at night in the town of Mosinee, WI SPrint has coverage there just not 100% in the whole city of Mosinee. ANy who kows maybe CELLCOM will finally turn on the CDMA network for the CELLCOM customer unstead of ANALOG that they use in Central WI area naming Wausau, Mosinee, St Point and then some. SOme of my friends have Cellcom and was told a year ago when they signed up that CELLCOM would be going to CDMA in the small town in the Central Wisconsin area. WHo knows maybe tey are just testing the CDMA out at night and thats why I get it at night. Only get it from midnight to 2 am. Then I get switched back to Analog to CellularOne. No more Cellcom. I also know Sprint is bring ing out another Nokia phone 2285 only two mode 1900CDMA/800CDMA not analog on this phone at all. I wonder if this is why I get Cellcom at certain times at night from Cellcom testing stages. If anyone has information on this please feel free to post.

2. NicGB79

NicGB79 New Member

Just to let you know..... Cellcom will be turning up 800mhz CDMA in the majority of Marathon County by the end of the year.

3. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Do either one of you know whether or not Sprint or Verizon has coverage in Mosinee's local mall, or in the mall's garage that is attached to it?

Are both of the carriers roaming for free, you will it cost extra?

Also, how is the coverage with Verizon and/or Sprint in Green Bay (Go Packers!![​IMG]), and in Wausau, WI? What about Rhinelander, Eagle River, and Phelps, WI?

We were up in Eagle River, Wausau, and Phelps, WI last summer, doing some fishing with my dad, my uncle and I, in Phelps, WI. We had Cingular, and we were roaming the whole time on someone's tdma digital network up their?

Thanks.

-------------------------------
    Gamer03
    XBOX and PS2 will rock forever....
    until they come out with XBOX 2 and PS3!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bjbuss

bjbuss New Member

Game go with Verizon! Sprint is not very good in the North woods!
    Verizon uses Cellcom as a roaming partner hence you do not have a roaming bill.

bj

5. tbrusky

tbrusky Junior Member

Gamer03 To answer you question on the cities. Ive had Sprint for over 2 1/2 years nkw and love it. Cellularone is limited and uses old school technology tdma and will be running GSM next year some time, Cellcom isnt bad but is very limited to phones. I like Sprint for the fact new phones, coverage in every state and soon with the new towers Sprint got from Qwest will have Montana, Wyoming, SOuth Dakota, North Dakota. I also like the fact where ever Sprint is your in a local home coverage area. Now for Mosinee, I lived there the past 29 years of my until this year moved to Wausau. Mosinee is covered to only 50%, the local Mall as you call it is coverage. Wausau you have coverage with no problem. Any where in Schofield, Weston, Roshchild, Wausau your are 100% covered that were I live now in Wausau. Not a problem. GreenBay now problem either 100% I go to sturgeon bay its north of greenbay about an hour. greenbay 100% covered, and along with stergeonbay is covered 100% until you get to Carlsville another 20 miles north of Sturgeonbay then you go to Digital roaming with US CELLULAR. Now for Rhinader 100% covered again. I had a 14 day trail with sprint 2 1/2 years ago and drove around to see the coverage areas sprint has. Now for eagle river and Phelps your out of luck. You will be roming. Last year went up to eagle river I was running on Cellularone with analog, analog sucks, and Im not sure why Sprit doesnt have roaming agrements throughout the whole state with Cellcom. But Sprint and Cellcom do have areas were there is roaming agremenets with both. I think SPrint is just waiting for Cellularone to go GSm then go 100% digital roaming with Cellcom then. Its been happeneing more and more each month I notice when I go to cities where once Cellularone was analog roam now CELLCOM digital roam. Hope that helps you out. I me personally would never change to another carrier at all. I liove Sprint. If you have an other question left me know.

6. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks for your replies bjbuss and tbrusky.

I appreciate it.

------------------------
    Gamer03

Currently playing on XBOX:
    Grand Theft Auto Double Pack
    Midtown Madness 3
    Max Payne 2
    Waiting for Driver 3 and Mafia to come out...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...