Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

difference between sent txt and delivered txt?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by gamefame1234, Jul 5, 2008.

1. gamefame1234

gamefame1234 New Member

ok i looked at my outbox on my phone and beside one of the txt theres a green arrow and a couple txt's down beside the txt theres a black check so i looked at the "Message Info" to see what the difference was and it said the green check was sent and th black arrow said delivered... i want to know whats the difference... and are they both making it to the person.

2. Barciurek

Barciurek Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I'm a GSM person so I THINK it will work the same way in Verizon.. sent means it was sent but a person didn't get it.. delivered means sent and delivered meaning that person got the message.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gamefame1234

gamefame1234 New Member

alright that makes sense but i have another question whats stopping it from the othere person from receiving it? how can i fix it lol

4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Messages marked with a check, in your example, means that the message was delivered to the recipient. This confirmation only works for SMS sent to other Verizon phones or to email addresses. You will not get any notices for SMS sent to non Verizon phones. So unless your buddy is complaining about not receiving your messages, there is no problem to fix.

The confirmation sometimes work on MMS messages, even on those that aren't on Verizon, though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 QLR, Jul 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  5. Barciurek

Barciurek Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Hmm
    Weird that it works the other way.. when I send an SMS to Verizon phone from T-Mobile I get a delivery report. :)

6. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Of course, if you get an X or an error message when you send your message, then your message didn't go thru LOL

These confirmations are different on the various providers.

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    delivery reports are something that you can change in the phones settings though.....this is a network thing....