Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Delta and Yello's Bad A$$ Thread

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by Delta, Feb 20, 2004.

1. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Let me know when you're ready. I'll point you in the right direction [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Delta

Delta Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Holy-F-ing-bright lights Batman!! [​IMG]

Today, I finally joined the ranks of Surefire owners. Went out and bought me a G2 Nitrolon. No, not as fancy
    as Yellos L4, but brighter. And it is tough too. I expected a junkier feel, but it ain't bad, ESPECIALLY since I paid
    a whopping $33.00 for it new.
    G2 Nitrolon [​IMG]

NIGHT TEST:
    Result: It's F-ing bright as heck. This tiny little light is like a fricking searchlight! I am so amazed now that I have
    actually seen one work at night. I was like, "Inova WHO?"
    This has a 65 Lumen lamp. I can't even imagine what the 120 lumen lamp is like. May be worth the $25 to pick
    one up...even if the batteries only last 20 minutes.

It is nearly as bright as my 3 million CP spot light, but in a much smaller package.
    [​IMG]
    Yello, add another to our list of "must-haves"

Remember the 3-"S's" (Surefires, Striders, and Stingers)

Attached Files:

• EDC.jpg
      EDC.jpg
      File size:
      8.5 KB
      Views:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Someone posted this over at SDF. Emerson LaGriffe for only $44.00!!

Best Deal Ever!

4. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    That's a pretty good price. I paid 49 plus 8 for second day shipping. I really don't like to have things shipped by USPS

Btw, the G2 is a great light. I'm thinking of getting one for my folks for the house. It's actually standard issue for the Israeli army

5. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I got some more good stuff from SDF last night. I asked about alternate carry options for the LaGriffe and one of the mods gave me THIS SITE. Lots of parts to customize yourself, or make your own rigs. Lemme cut and paste what he said...

"I've got mine carried on my belt right now, horiztonally just left of my belt buckle for a right handed draw.
    I went to www.knifekits.com ( www.texasknife.com has these too) and bought one of their pre-formed kydex belt loops - it fit perfectly on my factory Griffe sheath, screwed it on with two chicago-screws and slid it on my belt. Its always on there now, comes off with the belt and stays with it, so it always gets put on when I get dressed. Its flat, doesnt print (I wear lose shirts 99% of the time, hula hula shirts, un-tucked tee's, etc.), and is very easily accessible.

You can also rig it up with a static-cord for IWB, short loop of paracord around the belt, and tied to the sheath, tuck the sheath in your waist-band, and bingo. When you draw, sheath clears your body then comes free when the cord pulls taught.
    Can also get a BladeTech IWB loop for it. I actually like the blade-tech IWB loops for wearing it between the belt and jeans, not down inside the waist band."

6. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I usually use the Blade Tech Pull The Dot System

Very comfortable, and the loop is rubber, so it doesn't slide on your belt

7. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    How do you attach it?? (The PTD-system)

I see now why the Executive Elite series is so popular. My G2 isn't THAT big, but you have to make special consideration when carrying it...like cargo shorts. It just sucks that the E series wont let you upgrade the lamp. Hows yours working out for you? Are you hooked?

I am really considering getting one of those Kydex/Concealex presses in the future. The things you could make! (A concealex LG 6000 case even)

8. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I haven't carried the e2d yet, but the l4 is a pretty easy carry. Most of the time you don't know it's there in your weak side front pocket

Pull the dot has two ends, the button end and the rivet end. The button goes over the rivet and you get a loop.There is a screw that goes through the rivet end, through the kydex, and a washer holds the other end.

Concealex might work, but kydex has a tendency to scratch the bejeezus out of things

9. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Maybe not the phone, but think how many things they make these for. Heck, on Szaboinc.com they even have a neck cord kydex hot sauce bottle holder! Anything you had they didn't come with a sheath /holster you could make yourself. A person or two "in the know" said it really isn't that tough to do.

10. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Yeah, I've heard that as well.

You remember that site you sent me with the X5 holster? It's SH1T The guy wound up sending me the wrong sheath and he won't reply to my emails.

11. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Maybe email him again and demand a response, lack of which will result in a bad review everywhere there is a forum for such things. I don't even remember which one that was. But for what some people are charging for them, I think it would be a worthy investment to get the supplies yourself, and make you own carry designs.

That sucks about the light holster.

12. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    *And I thought we were bad...

Just stepped into Candlepower Forums (appears you already found it..). Those guys are as fanatical about flashlights as USN is on knives. I read it for like 2 minutes and the questions were super-technical.

I like to know just enough about something that I know what I am talking about, but not so much that people look at me funny.

**Day 4: Still can't wait till dark so I can play with my Surefire. Looking forward to the next one...(but I need a Griffe or Hideaway first..at the minimum!) Punk kids like using our yard as a shortcut through streets (we have a mini-woods). I love scaring the hell out of them with that bright-a$$ light. Shouldn't be in my yard anyway!

***A new topic: How do you frickin carry everything?? I was thinking of a new EDC discussion. As far as peripheral stuff, would you consider a slim-profile fanny-pack type setup? Sometimes finding places to stuff flashlights, knives, Stingers, cellphones, and what not gets a bit hard.

**** W(here)TF is Ceno, and why is he playing hard to get (a hold of?)

*****Really thinking about kydex/Concealex and the potential for sales...should I get some and learn to use it..I think I could come up with some cool stuff.

13. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I texted Ceno the other day. He pops in every once in awhile but he's super busy. I also suspect he is part of the crack team that will bring down Sprint

Ok...if I'm really looking for trouble:

1-my two strider karambits are carried by either hip, in waist band, held to my belt by the pull the dot loops
    2-La Griffe is held behind my spine via pull the dot
    3-Emerson tanto is strong side front pocket
    4-Surefire is in weak side, front pocket
    5-Credit card knife in wallet
    6-Emerson mini tanto in strong side back pocket
    7-Emerson folding karambits in each front jacket pocket

Yup, it's heavy. Most of the time I have my Emerson karambits in each front pocket and the mini tanto in my backpack, that's it. I keep my Surefire back there as well. My credit card knife is pretty much always in my wallet

Dude, that video you sent me wasn't half bad, but the music was annoying

14. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The video came from HERE

15. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    New Toy on the way...

[​IMG]

16. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Sorry Delta, I didn't get a chance to reply to your email at work today.

Those guys are being honest. There are quite a few ppl that don't like the Emerson Karambit. The problem is that the karambit is used on both the edged side and the spine, to trap the hands and arms. If the locking mechanism fails, that's your fingers. It's possible for the Emerson Karambit to fail on you, but it's not likely. I'll be eyeballing the Tarani Karambits at Blade in June, and I'll let you know what I think of them.

Oh Delta, say hi to Michelle, she's lurking here as of late

Hiya M1!!!

Dude, I'm thinking of selling one of my kidneys for this. It's easily one of the sickest things I've ever seen:

[​IMG]

17. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Email me if you want paracord

18. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    oops! sorry wrong thread..hope i don't cut myself getting out of this one. [​IMG]

19. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Sorry Tony, but you're going to have to die

20. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Hi Michelle!

That picture...is that called a "Battle Sickle"? Seems to me I have seen it before, probably on szaboinc.com, as they have lots of that weird-shaped stuff...not to mention a few karambits I don't ever see on USN.

Gotta love USN...sold my Inova FAST..to an ohioan no less! (and one who knows how to do something I have been thinking of, working with kydex)

Speaking of...he gave me the hook up if you ever want kydex sheath making supplies.

Back to the battle sickle thing...What the hell you going to do with that?

And on the Emerson Karambit subject: Have people ACTUALLY closed it on their hand, or is that a theoretical situation? I'm torn. I love the wave on the Emersons. I wonder how hard it is to get a Tarani open?? But no need to hurry till I have something to train with. (poke-poke)

What color paracord?

Whoops...gotta get to work! Later!

21. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I was right...it's called a Battle Sickle...and it's $800 fricking dollars! You can get some nice knives and a M3 Combat light for that money!

22. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I'll try to get those tapes out this weekend, but I'm a little buried in the middle of school

I don't think there have been any incidences of ppl closing their Emerson's on their hands. There is a test called the spine whack test that I do on all my Emersons where you rap the spine of the knife against a table. If the liner is worn or not adjusted properly, the knife will close. I've never gotten it to work, but there are ppl that swear it works every time.

I'm going to check out the Tarani's at Blade. If I decide that I like them, I'll get a couple (I always carry two karambits) and grind down the spine of the knife into the opening hole and make a wave. I know a couple guys with the equipment and skill to do this. My biggest beef with the Tarani folders is that they're satin finished blades, and I much prefer that they have black blades for tactical reasons. I'm going to wind up spending even more money to get them coated in Bodycote.

Yeah, that's the $800 sickle off the Szabo website. It looks really cool, but I'd imagine it'd be hard to carry or prove in court that I'm not a maniac after I make a kill. Still, it'd be a lot of fun to pull that thing on a mugger...and mumble "I'm death"...

Hi Michelle!

23. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Talked to Michelle on the phone today. She says that she knows two people who've had their Emerson's close on their hands. Makes me reconsider using them now...

24. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

Probably depends on how you use it...If you quit using them, send em my way...

Yesterday I was at Meijer looking for something. As I was coming out there was a guy behind me walking a bit too close. I stopped and turned and he zig-zagged around me. I went another way and he came back my way. In all he changed directions three times trying to flank towars me out of my line of sight. At first I thought he might be loss prevention, as I was looking for a holster that would fit my G2 and I kept putting it in and out of my pocket. But he was pretty shady lookin, and I didn't steal anything so I figured it wasn't a store employee.

Bottom line, I pulled both Stingers and headed straight for him. He turned around like he forgot something and went back in the store.

Nice to have these little wake up calls to remind you you aren't just wasting your time, even if the incident was small.

25. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    No. [​IMG]

26. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    you know you guys should call this thread "Delta's and Yellow's Badd @$$ Thread"

oh wait, it's already called "Delta's and Yellow's Badd @$$ Thread"...[​IMG]

27. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I really don't get into much trouble these days except for the occassional drunk, and they sober up real quick when you pull a knife on them. I've been held at knifepoint a couple times, and just forked over my wallet, but god help them if they really want to fight

Nice call, though Delta. It's better to be ready and possibly look foolish than to be a "sheeple" and look dead

28. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
  29. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    That's the greatest gif I have ever seen [​IMG]

30. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yellow Monkey,
    On post 255 what would you do with that knive??
    the post, 2 posts above Tony E

kill a big fish or shark?? [​IMG]