Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Delta and Yello's Bad A$$ Thread

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by Delta, Feb 20, 2004.

1. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Yeah, it doesn' t make any sense though. If you know how to properly hold a knife in icepick grip, that is, you have to bend your wrist forward so that the blade is just touching your wrist, this thing will lop your own hand off. If you hold the handle perpendicular to your wrist, it's going to be relatively easy to disarm.

I think I saw this before, most martial artists will call it a "fantasy piece"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Delta

Delta Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Do you train with any impact weapons at all, or just knives? What do you think of the pointed Kubotans with the Koppo mod?

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Mainly, the impact weapons I train with are 26" rattan sticks. I can use a kubaton pretty good, though, because it's used like the butt of a knife. You can really cause some damage if you're in close.

4. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    ...which is why the Inovas are great, too. I wonder when that T3 comes out? Whats nice is it appears as though it may be a little bit longer than the X5, which would make a great "Pocket Stick."

You ever read the site I have in my sig?

5. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

Bored? Sort of, when I get bored I look for cool avatars but lately I've been working on my friend's BB. He made me an admin so I've been generally screwing everything up. Changing the wordlets is the best part. Instead of saying something like, "You don't have permission to access this thread" it now says "F*** off! Get out!" and other stuff like that. It's kind of fun but there's a lot of stuff to mess around with.

6. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I talked to the guys at TAD, they told me "soon"

7. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Good deal. I also decided I will wait to save some money and make the next knife I buy the one I really want, the straight edge Hideaway.

[​IMG]

Now don't you dare take your rich as$ out and buy it just because I mentioned it. You have too many knives as it is. But I think I would pay the extra $60 and have to wait rather than settle for the Emerson Lagriffe. The Hideaway is just way cooler.

8. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I know a lot of ppl that have the Hideaway. They're pretty happy with it. I'm not planning on getting the Hideaway because I'm really happy carrying my La Griffe. With all the bones in my hand wrapped around the handle, I can punch a hole in the side of a car if the blade will hold.

9. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    how many more posts will this go???

10. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Well, I was considering putting up three or four posts regarding each one of my knives...which is twelve knives...so that's 48...and five trainers...that's a total of 68...

Then I'll answer anyone's questions on weapons...

This could be awhile

11. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

Till we get bored of talking about it, which means it will go on like the Energizer bunny (powered by 3V Lithium Surefire Batteries...)

I wonder how many people here actually read this thread but never post??

12. xikle

xikle For rent: inquire below

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble
    I still read the thread, I just don't have any questions right now.

13. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yello- I finally got my membership working at usualsuspects.net. Do you have to wait to set up your profile or something?? I am probably just going to lurk there though.
    Have you been reading posts at SDF at all?

14. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    If I were you, I would lurk for awhile. Ppl there are generally nice, but they have big probs with knock offs and what they call "cheap quality made in China carp"

It took a couple days for my membership to be activated, but once it did I was good to go.

15. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

What a cooincidence, I just emailed you about that. Hey, just because I had considered selling some flashlights from China don't mean I am into junk. I wouldn't carry a knockooff knife. I saw them talking about that. No I want the good stuff...an Emerson, A Strider, etc...I just need to save of some money.

16. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Actually, they're a little fanatical about those Chinese flashtlights...that's what I was referring to

Made in China flashlights=junk for a lot of these guys. The guys at Surefire hang out on USN also

17. agentHibby

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Do you guys use Cutco knives for meals?

18. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

Aren't those the knives that are sold like the "Kirby" of the knife world? And the answer is no. I use Cutco knockoffs of course! (Made in China) [​IMG]

19. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I use this to eat my meal...usually while it's still screaming...

Attached Files:

• 4600.jpg
      4600.jpg
      File size:
      111.7 KB
      Views:
  20. agentHibby

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Cool! YelloMunky!
    LOL

Yes! Cutco are like the "Kirby" of knives they are very good and expensive. Lots of college students like to sell them over the summer for a job. They are made in the USA also.
    Sorry, they don't sell the knives that killers "A.K.A. mass murders" choose to kill people with [​IMG]
    The knives are very very sharp though!

21. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    What the h3ll is that supposed to mean? Besides I am sure if I tried really, really hard I could kill you with a cutco knife. Would that make it a "killer" knife then??

Knives don't kill people, People kill people. With what makes no difference at all, you're still dead. And we talk about self defense issues and gear here, not killing. We're not the Trenchcoat Mafia. A knife is a tool pure and simple.

22. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    The number one weapon used in the US for stabbings: kitchen knives
    The number two weapon used in the US for stabbings: screwdrivers

There's a saying for guys who know how to fight with a knife (like me):

Which knife would I want in a fight? The one that's in my hand

Meaning, any knife is potentially dangerous, even a butter knife. I'd be able to use that like an impact stick. So there aren't any "killers knives" There's a knife and there's a guy with bad intent, and that's what kills

23. agentHibby

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I have not heard of a mass murder "but there probably has" used a cutco knive to kill. They are very sharp, so they would easily kill someone. The knives You 2 guys show is what I usually see on Court TV as the murder weapon.
    Yes, I have seen a kichen knive as a murder weapon also.
    I believe the same thing with guns. It is not the gun the kills it is the voilence of the person that kills!

And no, I don't think you are killers or murders for having a knive collection.
    Just a hobby! [​IMG]
    My Dad collects guns.
    He has about 60 guns to his collection.

24. agentHibby

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I won't interupt the thread anymore.

25. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    It's alright, nothing wrong with your comments

26. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Btw, if anyone's interested, there's a huge knife show in Atlanta in June called Blade

I'll be there, prob hanging out in the karambit.com booth

27. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

Holy ****! That is a lot of guns.

Just so you know that an interest in martial arts or high-end weapons does not make one interested in hurtimg other people. However, the main thought is, in a self defense situation, where you are the inteneded victim of an unprovoked attack where the intention is to seriously harm (ie: Cripple) or kill you....well, in most states, that is justifiable reason to use deadly force. I believe in everyones right to live their life unmolested. It is my right, your right, even ILUVSOCALs right to defend themselves by any means possible if the situation warrants it. Or, if you wake in the night to find someone in your house.....If it's MY house and you are in it...well, it's your a$$.

As far as the pictures of knives being murder weapons on court TV...anything is possible. But if you are referring to Yello's Kerambit picture, that is a specialized piece of martial art gear. Yeah, sure...any knucklehead can pick it up and use it. Pointy end goes in the other guy...simple right?

You don't have to not post in this thread. I just want you to understand. You gave an excellent example with your dad. I doubt anyone with 60 guns would think twice about popping a cap in someones a$$ if they were threatening to kill them or someone close. As well he should.

Statistics show less violent crime in areas where people are allowed to carry. I don't get into guns though. At least not for EDC (every day carry)

28. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Delta's getting into the lingo

Both of you guys are right, my knife collection is geared for stabbing, slashing and gutting, not pruning or dicing. The karambit is a tool for hurting people, no matter what propaganda some sites may say

29. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Don't sweat it Hibby, if Delta and I wanted this to be a private conversation, we'd do it over email or phone

And I assure you, if I didn't like you, you'd really REALLY know it

Speaking of talking on the phone...Delta, you call me on Fri and I'm going to stab stab stab away at you...got a date with a waitress...

30. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I know better than to call you on a Friday...

Call me a slow learner, but I just now figured out what a "wave" is when talking about knives (mostly Emersons). I use to assume it was the "wavy" shape of the blade, not a quick-deployment design. I am intrigued. I will stop by my supplier tommorrow and investigate this further.

I am really starting to get into Emersons. I like his design. I have a Benchmade CQC7 back in the day. The first person to ever flick that knife open was Richard Marcinko...the Rouge Warrior himself. He of course, had a custom Ernie Emerson knife, laser etched with the SEAL logo. It was very similar to the modern day Commander model.

BTW...IF I can come up with the scratch...where can I find one of those emersons I posted a pic of a few pages back? It isn't on the emerson website.