Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Delta and Yello's Bad A$$ Thread

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by Delta, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Delta

Delta Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Wonderfully Dangerous Gadgets

Hey Yello....I wanted to do some comparison shopping, but the old thread where we talked about it started out with me b!tching about Verizon, and too many of those on the front page can be annoying.

I was thinking about a new knife, as I lost my last good one, a Spyderco. Looking for something good, not ridiculously priced, but doesn't have to be cheap, big enough to be effective for both utility use and self defense (though I'd probably use my X5 for that) and small enough not to be a legal hassle.

What are your top five preferred manufacturers?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Wonderfully Dangerous Gadgets/ Being Prepared

I found This Article about stuff one could or should carry for being prepared for any contingency, and some of the stuff one could pack in a fanny pack. You'll see the always-important cell phone in there, as well as the small tactical flashlight were always talking about, and a few other things. It's to bad Rallykid aint around...we need a gun-nut to add his opinions.

Some of you probably think we're nuts...what with Yello's $1000 worth of knives (see attachment below) and me with my $100 indestructable head-smashing flashlight, and Rallykid with his 10,000 freakin guns....but remember YOYO if you ever run into trouble....Your On Your Own.

Here's one more option that would be near an dear to anyone here.....The Cell-Phone Stun Gun

4. xikle

xikle For rent: inquire below

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble

I'm not a gun nut but I have a really big interest in guns. I have a list of guns that I want, the total so far is 17.

5. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW

I actually know that girl. Her name is Michelle and she can handle a karambit even better than me. I do not recommend messing with her.

Hmmm, well, you know I really like my Emersons.

Top 5 utility/sd knives:
    Emerson SOCFK www.extremeoutfitters.com $140, and you better move, they have them in stock but they move fast
    Emerson CQC7 www.texastactical.com ~$106
    Emerson Commander www.texastactical.com ~$150
    Buck Strider www.tadgear.com ~$100 Take your pick, there's a couple styles/sizes
    Emerson HardWear Line ~$90 You can pretty much find these anywhere. I haven't handled them, but I hear they're good

Personally, I like the SOCFK for what you want. It's a good size, won't bulge out of your pocket, not too pricey, and it's got that Emerson wave hook. The Karambit is a great knife for defensive purposes, but it's hard to make slicing cuts with. Great for ripping...and scaring the carp out of ppl. Striders are great, if you want one that's not too big, try the SNG, but be prepared to spend $300+ on a Strider. Oh, and good luck on trying to find a Emerson Karambit or a Strider SNG. The Striders are hard to come by (you have to watch TADGear daily) and as far as I know, I bought the last Emerson Karambit on the market. In my pic, the top one is the Commander, the middle is the SOCFK, and the lowest one is the Mini CQC7. The full sized CQC7 is about the same size of the SOCFK. The CQC7 and the SOCFK basically have the same blade if you want the tanto, but the handle on the SOCFK is better. If you want a spearpoint folder, you have to go with the SOCFK, the CQC7 doesn't come in spearpoint.

6. xikle

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble

I don't see a problem with $1000 worth of knives. At least a knife would be helpful in a fight. With how small cell phones are not I don't think they would do a lot of damage, aside from the stun gun phone.

7. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW

The problem with $1000 in knives is that I only have two hands and four pockets to hold seven knives (I didn't include my balisong in that picture). I always have at least two on my body though

Delta, depending on the knife laws where you are, I think you'll like this one the best out of all of them:

[​IMG]

It's a mix of a Commander and the CQC10. Very nice knife, hefty and strong and will take fingers off like buttons. I don't have one because you can't carry a knife over four inches in NYC (it's 4.1")

8. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW

That phone must be a b*tch to answer

You pulled that pic of Michelle off the Karambit.com website?

9. xikle

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble

Colorado's law is if it's 3 inches or under it's not a concealed weapon.

Is Cold Steel any good?

10. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

Here's something I just now realized about theGG&G TID for my Inova X5. Remember on the T.A.D. Gear website how it said it would not work on the old body style of the X5? I assumed it meant the grooved style...even though in this picture is shows it on both. Good news...The black I will be recieving on tuesday. Thats the one I paid $20 for brand new (that included shipping) from This seller on ebay. It's pretty easy to snag one at that price. Just remember never to bid over $8.00-$9.00 as the shipping is $12.00. There is a Green Inova auction eneding every couple hours...but who knows how many he has..I wouldn't wait. It's basically brand new and half off.

He also operates under the ebay seller name Dealkangaroo. On that one...he sells the Blue X5's but they usually sell for a few bucks more.

11. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW

Cold Steel sucks, and it's owner is a well know jerk.

If you want something under 3", go for a Mini CQC7. It goes for about $90 on eBay

12. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW

That might be an old style of TID. I dunno. The guys at TAD are real cool and I don't think they would intentionally try to jerk you.

It seems like only the green one sells for that price. If I want to get another white one, it goes for 20

13. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

What I was going to say but failed to, was that the "old style" they are reffering to IS a different size, and is only twist-on...it doesn't have the rear button. You gotta really dig around to find a pic of it, but I did see it. I'm 99% sure the TID will work on both body designs.

I wiil say this...I think the groove stye actually grips better!

Where do you see a white one for $20??

14. xikle

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble

That's kinda what I figured. Really I think anything 3 and a half inches or under would be ok to carry, I just can't run around with a 7 inch knife.

15. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW

It was a week or two ago

16. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

Cold Steels owner may be a jerk, but there are few knives with the sickening cutting ability as the Cold Steel Desparado. It is scary, and stupid-sharp. Unlike the Kerambit, this ones a slicer.

17. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW

I saw that one, but I like my Commander better

18. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

For those who don't want to try and mix it up with a knife, have you seen this Wildfire Pepper Spray??

Lemme tell you....When I was a DC-man in the Navy, I got my share of the Gas Chamber (about 6X). Tear gas is for pansies. CN, CS, and Mace are classified as irritant agents as far as chemical weapons go (and yes, it is actually classified as chemical weapons). PEPPER SPRAY, on the other hand is classified as inflamatory agents. And the higher percentage of pepper, the worse it is.

I would rather eat a face full of mace (been there), get shocked with a 200,000 volt stun gun (done that) or just plain get kicked in the jimmies then get sprayed with that Wildfire Sh**. That stuff is NO JOKE. Might as well just call it "Liquid Hell." Crazies and PCP heads can laugh off Mace, but this stuff is a whole 'nother ball game. And if used the wrong way, CAN be lethal.

This Stuff is God-Awful too! (and it's only 10%...which used to be considered an insane amount of pepper. Wildfire is 15%)

19. xikle

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble

The problem with mace and pepper spray is that if the wind changes you just sprayed yourself also.

20. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
  21. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW

Delta, why did you get hit with a stun gun?

22. xikle

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble

That would make your hair stand on end. And they are legel here too.

23. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

When I was on deployment in the Persian Gulf, there was nothing to do, so we were always ordering stuff from those surplus catalogs (CamelBaks, Knives, etc). I got the stun gun, and it was miraculously delivered to me on the ship..even though the customs label said "STUN GUN". My chief hand delivered it to me by throwing it at my head and telling my not to kill myslef with it.

Obviously, there is really only ONE WAY to test the effectiveness of these things....volunteer. I took it right in the gut and it dropped me for about 10 minutes. Luckily, I was smart enough to take a leak before hand.

I eventually broke it. They are pretty cheap...a plastic housing for a battery and lots of copper coil.

24. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

Another interesting article: How to avoid a flagernooben-kicking. HERE

This site has some good articles.

25. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW

Is that why you talk like that?

26. SNSE

SNSE Senior Member

Thanks but I prefer my Glock 23 .40 Caliber with the paddle holster........

27. xikle

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble

a Glock 19 is a good concealed carry also.

28. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW

When I used to do volunteer work with a police department in order to carry a stun gun or pepper spray they had to use it on you first. The stun gun was not that bad, just a strange feeling to have the shock traveling through your body....but the pepper spray...that stuff was bad...and the next morning in the shower when it reactivated and my girlfriend at the time laughed her self silly. (she was a police officer and had already had to do the same thing.)

I like to grow habanero peppers, a few years ago I was cutting some off the vine, and I was stupid and not wearing gloves, a few hours later I rubbed my eyes...and yep you guessed it..was blinded for about 15-20 minutes.

29. YelloMunky

YelloMunky Old Fart

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW

It was sweet that she didn't warn you in advance

30. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

The only thing worse than that is the 'ol "Crushed Butter-Rum Lifesavers in the Shower-Head" trick.

Talk about funny! WAY funnier than seeing someone Pepper-Sprayed!!