Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Delivering Customer Service: Step 1) Pickup The Phone

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by dalbrich, Mar 6, 2007.

1. dalbrich

dalbrich Junior Member

When I started with Sprint about a year ago, I had a truly horrible time reaching customer service, and then my experience with them was also bad. After a few initial setup calls, my account got squared away and I've been a basically happy Sprint customer for some time.

At the moment I'm trying to help my brother get two new lines of Sprint service. We needed to make a few phone calls related to initial setup. This past Saturday I drove from Eugene to Cloverdale to go see him. We dialed "*2" for customer service at 4:30pm. We got stuck listening to hold music for more than 2 and 1/2 hours before giving up. This included he and I handing the phone back and forth during dinner.

The sad thing about waiting more than one hour for customer service is you literally say to yourself, should I give up and try later (which may simply involve waiting again) or hang on the line. i.e. I've already waited a long time, if I hang in there they'll answer.

It really doesn't matter what Sprint does or doesn't do once they answer the phone when hold times just to reach a human being are so screwed up.

-Dan

PS: I was a Verizon customer for six years before Sprint. In all my years with Verizon I literally *never* waited more than 2 minutes to reach a human.

I'm with Sprint primarily for cost reasons (SERO), but even then it doesn't seem worth it at times.

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I bet there was some type of malfunction that caused you to just wait and wait and the call probably wasn't really connected to anything. If it goes past 30 minutes than there's something wrong and I would just give up at that point and start over. There are also various phone numbers you can call that have less of a wait time than *2. Time of day is also a factor. Best times are very early or late. Worst times are between 1PM and 6PM.

3. dalbrich

dalbrich Junior Member

Yes, Larry this may be so, but when I dialed back later in the evening I still had a long wait (about 30 minutes), so it's hard to say what is going on.

I didn't post this experience to _____ and moan. I suspect there are Sprint folks who read these forums and may be able to make some changes. When people wonder why Sprint is underrated, I really think customer service is a critical component of a companies image. This also explains why MVNO's using Sprint's same network get a higher rating than Sprint in some reviews.

All I can say is I always dread the day when I actually have to call, and unfortunately due to errors even on new accounts you have to. i.e. 6pm nights being automatically added to SERO plans when the user did not request it, so you have to call to get it removed-- and worse, you may have to call multiple times to get the issue properly addressed.

-Dan

PS: Folks like yourself, and other excellent people on these forums are really the best resource for users. I really do hope Sprint can clean up their customer service some day.

4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint

Dan, I would go over to the new Sprint discussion forum and post about this customer service issue. The web site is actually run by Sprint themselves so people from Sprint actually view it.

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/

5. dalbrich

dalbrich Junior Member

Done.

Thanks Larry,

-Dan

6. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I dont know. Ive always experienced incredibly short hold times with sprint. Always less than ten minutes. Sometimes not even a minute believe it or not.

7. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Here's a good # to call if you have an NVP(Employee) discount....1.877.349.4413....Absolutley no hold time.....Sometime your dont even here a ring "Thank you for call Sprint Blah, Blah, Blah"

8. SueAnn

SueAnn New Member

My Phone:
    MotoRAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I've had all sorts of trouble with Sprint's customer service, long, long wait times, and agents that pass me back and forth between them. The other issue is the language barrier, seems to me that there's a lot of out sourcing, it's hard to communicate with an agent when English is not thier 1st language. Finally I just sent them an email, I hope it works, time will tell.