Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

def getting the hd2

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by mikewho, Mar 3, 2010.

1. mikewho

mikewho Junior Member

its going to be too sweet to pass up and with tmobiles fair pricing with the new plans i just cant pass it up. plus the phone financing is just icing on the cake.

cant wait

2. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    I really wish T-mo would have released this sooner. It has been out in Europe for months now. So long, in fact, that the new winmo has been announced. I would strongly recommend that nobody purchase a winmo phone until the new OS is out. No current 6.5 phones will be upgraded to 7.`

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I'm right there with you Mike. :D

4. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    the HD2 will have a free upgrade to 7 that's from internal sources at tmo, also the touch pro 2 is included in the free upgrade from what I read at work

5. Yankees368

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I read somewhere that NO 6.5 phones will be upgraded to 7.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
  7. Yankees368

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Right. I would still be very careful. In a few short months, you could have a very, very nice piece of outdated hardware. I wish it was not like this though.

8. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    That's so like Windows to be like that. It's one of many things about Microsoft I'll never understand...:rolleyes:

9. Yankees368

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Engadget

HD2 and Windows Phone 7 Series: Just tell us no, Microsoft
    By Paul Miller posted Mar 4th 2010 12:29PM
    Editorial
    Dear Microsoft,

We've had it up here with these shenanigans. You're jerking us around, and we're sick of it. We get it, you have a very particular concept of what sort of phones you want running your new Windows Phone 7 Series OS. Not only do we get it, but we're kind of proud of you for sticking up for yourself for once and ensuring some sort of sameness across your platform. Unfortunately, it's not the holiday season yet, so we can't buy one of these fancy WP7S phones yet. Meanwhile, on the other end of town, HTC is bringing the HD2 to T-Mobile in the US this month. Sure, it runs your soon-to-be-outdated Windows Mobile 6.5 OS which nobody wants, but it's also pretty much the best hardware we've ever seen. Bar none.

This brings us to our plea: Microsoft, please put a line in the sand and tell us if the phone will be upgradeable to Windows Phone 7 Series. Of course we know why you won't, you don't want to "Osborne effect" the sales of your one last hope for Windows Mobile 6.5 success, and you don't want to harm one of your most loyal handset builders. But what about your consumers? You've recently pushed out a number of statements about the device, full of wimpy non-line-in-sand-ers like "We currently do not have plans to update the HTC HD2 to Windows Phone 7 Series." Sure, you're not telling us to get our hopes up, but you're also just cruel and calculating enough to leave room for hope. We're pretty resigned at this point to receiving our Windows Phone 7 Series update on the HD2 from our good friends at xda-developers, but we'd just like to hear it from your mouth. Or better yet? Just get WP7S on there yourself, caveat it as "non-preferred" or whatever makes you comfortable, and save us all from this paralysis.

10. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    May be outdated software, but not hardware. :) The only catch with the HD2 is the buttons, as it has more then three buttons which doesn't sit well with MS as of now. But as that article I posted mention things could change if HTC and others pressure MS enough. If the HD2 doesn't end up getting a official update, it will more then likely get a unofficial one thanks to XDA-developers.I am not ready to jump on the WM7 wagon yet. It is still unproven and incomplete, it does look promising though. The current WM OS is still my favorite. When I hear great review after great review for a up coming device, along with first hand accounts that mention "the reviews don't do it justice" I am jumping on it ASAP. :)

11. Yankees368

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sorry, yeah, outdated software. This phone is by no means outdated in the hardware sense. I would LOVE to get my hands on one. And you are right, maybe the XDA people will be able to port it. However, it would probably take a while, if at all, as its a completely new OS.

12. our3rotts

our3rotts An Iowa Gurl...

My Phone:
    Google Pixel
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZN - 4G
    So, you can't just upgrade to a new OS on WMo phones?

Am I spoiled by BB? Will I be able to upgrade OS with an android? Or stuck with whatever OS comes on it? Damn you all- ;) - I might be re-thinking my switch again!

(Should I kick my question to another thread?)

13. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Technically you can't do that with any smartphone. You need to have a device/carrier approved ROM/OS upgrade. The big problem with Windows Mobile is that MS charges for their OS upgrades. Also MS left everything to the phone makers and carriers. So if the upgrade didn't make "business sense" for them it was scraped, even if the upgrade was needed. The difference with RIM and Google is they don't charge for their OS upgrades and they have almost full control over the OS and its upgrades. And that is why you see upgrades for BBs & Android devices on a more regular basis. And with WM7 MS is moving towards being much more like RIM and Google and having more control over their OS. Which IMHO is a good thing, and has been long over due. But if those upgrades don't come fast enough for you the folks a XDA-developers & Crackberry will more then likely fix you up with the latest OS. :)

14. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Windows making things easy? Fiddlesticks!

I don't know of another company that likes to complicate things more than they need to be than MS.:rolleyes:

15. Yankees368

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Confirmed: HTC HD2 will not be upgraded to Windows Phone 7 series -- Engadget

Bad news, HTC HD2 owners: Microsoft has finally come right out and confirmed our suspicions that the mighty HTC HD2 won't be upgraded to Windows Phone 7 Series. Joe Belfiore just told us that the HD2 is "not compliant with the Windows Phone 7 Series hardware specifications," which should end any of the lingering doubt that's clouded this issue since MWC. That certainly puts a damper on the HD2's upcoming launch on T-Mobile, but hey -- every Microsoft employee here at MIX is carrying one, so it's clearly the WinMo handset to get until it's eclipsed by 7 late in the year. Pour one out for the king, friends.

16. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Read that today. Oh well, no sweat off my back. Still going to grab one when it hits. :D

17. Yankees368

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Let us know how it is!

18. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Aren't you nearing phone #50 yet? ;) I too am very curious how this phone will be, so I'm looking forward to your review.

19. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    :lmao:I have no clue what number I am nearing. I need to do a MyTouch review soon, and the HD2 will come after I spend some good time with the phone. :)

20. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Boy was I off. You've actually exceeded 50 phones according to this thread in the RZ (http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/t...how-many-phones-have-you-ever.html#post547109).

It looks like you may be up to #57 or so!!! :eek:

All I can say is :notworthy...;)

21. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC79) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Wow, wonder where I'd be if I didn't use smartphones for the last six years.

22. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Samsung S20 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Mint Mobile
  23. tigerz0202

tigerz0202 New Member

i got to preview the phone yesterday at our local t-mobile store for about an hour , and all i can say is this phone is awesome , all the apps that come with it work very good , the phone itself is lightning fast and it will challenge the i-phone, the browser works awesome on a 3g connection and the youtube app is great, i watched some of the transformers movies on it and they look great also , theres really not a complaint at all , the screen is so big you forget you are holding a phone in your hand ,im ordering mine as soon as possible and will be counting down the days to getting it , i wish it had a flash thats the only thing i could say negative , but all the other positives make you forget about that , im so amped to get one of my own ...i cant wait

24. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I was unable to get one before they were sold out, was with family at Disneyland/California Adventure. So I am waiting for two local T-Mobile stores to call me back. Both stores said I should be getting the call Tuesday/Wadnesday next week, lets hope so. :)

25. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
  26. our3rotts

our3rotts An Iowa Gurl...

My Phone:
    Google Pixel
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZN - 4G
    Good luck with that. :)