Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Debating a change

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by csolivier, Oct 13, 2006.

1. csolivier

csolivier New Member

(I am new to this site, so if this is in the wrong forum, please forgive me!)

I used to have Cingular as my wireless provider, but the expenses eventually made me go crazy. So, I switched over to Sprint, where the price is much less for the same amount of minutes, and I can get my nights at 6pm. I have a family plan, and my daughters use a lot of the minutes, which is the good thing about Sprint.

However, I have had Sprint for about two weeks now, and I am so far unimpressed. I get 1 to 2 bars at my home, although it shows that I should get all bars according to the website coverage locator. In places where I even have quite a few bars, the sound quality isn't good; I can barely understand what the other person is saying to me, and I have to ask them to repeat themselves all the time. Also, at the hospital where I work, there are some rooms that I get bars in and some that I don't, and I know that I got bars with Cingular.

So, now I am considering a switch to T-Mobile. I like the MyFaves plan, because it will make up for some of the minutes we use before 9pm, and on top of that I will be getting 1,000 anytime minutes. I am very wary of switching, though. I have had such a hassle from the switch from Cingular to Sprint, and I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of switching from Sprint to T-Mobile to end up being disappointed. I checked the coverage locator on the website, and it said I should get 4/5 bars where I live, but that's exactly what Sprint told me, and look where I am now.

So, I guess I'm asking what you all think of T-Mobile. Is the customer service good or bad? Is the reception good, and the quality of the calls? I live in Des Moines, WA (near Seattle), if it helps any. Please, just let me know what I need to know in order to make up my mind.

Thank you!

2. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    T-Mobile's Coverage viewer is more accurate then Sprint & Cingular's & you can't always go by them.
    As for there customer service, they have been rated #1 for a few years now & everyone say's it's excellent.

As for the coverage, you do have the 15 or 30 (not 100% positive) days to try them & since your still within your 30 day with Sprint & not happy I would switch now before you get locked it.
    The worst that can happen is it doesn't workout coverage wise & you port back to Cingular.

Oh and with 4 lines, I know what you mean about the cost vs Sprint or T-Mobile & is 1 reason I haven't migrated over from my old AT&T Contract to Cingular Orange.

3. csolivier

csolivier New Member

That is very helpful. Thank you so much.

4. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    :welcome: to WirelessAdvisor!

I have found the T-Mobile coverage maps to be very conservative.

In areas where a "fair" signal is displayed on a coverage map, my T-Mobile phones have always displayed full signal (all 4 or 7 bars, depending on phone model). I have never had a signal issue with T-Mobile.

Their customer service is also excellent. They put their money where their mouth is.

When I had prepaid service before going postpaid, they credited my account $5.00 even before they began to diagnose what was a phone-related problem. The problem was corrected on that very same call.

With the postpaid service, they once gave me 125 free Bonus Minutes when there was a voicemail related problem, which was also fixed relatively quickly.

I'm very satisfied with T-Mobile. (In fact, I'm substantially more satisfied with T-Mobile than I am with Verizon.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. csolivier

csolivier New Member

Such positive comments... Thank you, as well, for your input!

6. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Good points mentioned by everyone above. I think the only place TM offers a 30 day grace period is CA, everywhere else 15 (when you buy from a local store). The coverage maps are the most accurate of any carrier IMO.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i had tmobile for 1year and 3 months and i have nothing but good things to say about them............best customer service around........best values........cool phones for good prices.....and for your 3 girls they have an unlimited text messaging for family plans...........you pay 19.99 and all the lines on the account get unlimited text picture video and voicenote messaging........only tmobile got it.........and they are gonna add 3,000 towers this year...........and they are rolling out DSL equivalent data speeds on their notwork by the end of 2008!!!!!!!!!!

in my personal opinion......they are one of the best carriers i know

8. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    I'm not a huge GSM fan. Coverage wise in your area I would recommend Verizon. But in your situation, minutes wise/best overall, T-Mobile may be the best option. Their customer service is good and the reception is pretty good. I've had coverage issues with them though. After checking out the coverage locator I believe you will have much better luck with them. According the Sprint map you should have decent coverage but obviously not. Maybe they are having capacity issues?

T-Mobile is good, and they have a 30 day return policy if neccesary.