Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Deal on MOTO X Gen 2

Discussion in 'ANDROID Phones, Tablets and Devices' started by rjniles, May 16, 2016.

1. rjniles

rjniles Member

My Phone:
    MOTO E4 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I have been looking for a replacement for my wife's Moto G Gen 1. She has gotten into downloading music and the 4 GB was no where near enough memory. Saw a deal on the Motorola web site: Moto X Gen 2 with 32 GB of memory for $199. Comes with a T-Mobile SIM but is unlocked and can use any GSM carrier SIM. This is a new phone not a refurb. Even customized the color and engraving with Moto maker. I realize this is not a top tier device but it is more than what she needs and the 32 GB of memory is 8 times what she has with her Moto G.

I am using a Moto X Gen 1 that I paid over $200 for used. I am tempted to spring for one of these myself.

I confess to being a Motorola fanboy. I have used them since my bag phone days.

RadioRaiders likes this.
  2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
  3. rjniles

rjniles Member

My Phone:
    MOTO E4 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Just ordered a second one for myself. Found a coupon for $50 off, got this one for $149. Wish i had found it before I ordered the first one.

4. rjniles

rjniles Member

My Phone:
    MOTO E4 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Offering some feedback. Received both phones late last week. Used Migrate app to transfer from our old Moto phones. Went pretty seamlessly but did have to re-log in at some of the password sites. The phones shipped with Lollipop but immediately got notification that an upgrade to Marshmallow was available. Scheduled the upgrade for 3 AM the next morning. When I woke up it was dome.

My only issue is the phone is slippery as an eel. Dropped mine while installing the SIM. Have ordered new cases. Had to go to the ATT store to get a new SIM for her phone (her Moto G had a micro Sim and the new Moto X requires an nano SIM.

Wife is thrilled with the increase in memory and has been down loading music like mad. When Momma is happy everyone is happy.happy.

The $50 discount coupon has expired.

charlyee likes this.