Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Dead zone, drop call zones

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by kwayit, Apr 16, 2008.

1. kwayit

kwayit New Member

Is there a specific and good way to report dead spots to Verizon?
    I have just moved and the 30' feet in front of my house and my entire yard is a 1 bar at best area and I'm in the middle of a city.

I'd really like for them to address it and hopefully there is a good way to report it.

2. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    call 611. Could you at least say what city you are located in?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kwayit

kwayit New Member

I'm in Raleigh NC, 27609. If you know the town, I'm 300 yards from the Beltline, I don't think its unfair to expect that my yard has a good signal.

4. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well the very best way I think is to always let your call drop dont cut your calls off. The more a carrier can see that calls are dropping in one area the more prone they tend to be to fix it. It wont come over night no matter what carrier but dead spots seem to be something of the past (not really) haha.

5. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    is it all carriers or just verizon?

if its all carriers, it may be a terrain thing, in which case you will wanto start thinking about boosting options.

if just verizon, you may wanto look at other carriers. just a thought :)

6. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Not just a thought a damn good thought. Always look at other options if one does not work out. Find a neighbor and ask if they have a phone and who they use and how well it works.

7. kwayit

kwayit New Member

Well, I just switched to Verizon because they are far better than Sprint in most areas that I find myself.
    I opened a problem ticket with Verizon and they agreed that according to their maps I should have good coverage. I am concerned that its a terrain thing and they may not choose to spend money to fix it.
    Above was mentioned "booster options". Can anyone point me in this direcion? I'd be happy to buy and set up a personal signal booster on my property if they actually work.

8. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I doubt that would do something right away. Dont let them fool you with the coverage maps. They are not to accurate. Tell them you are in a place where you just dont get good service.

9. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    they must have the secret map that shows their coverage. the online maps leave alot to be desired. generally vzw coverage is good from what ive seen (depending where you live of course) so when you say you cant even call outside, makes me think that either you live in an area that might be geographically challenged..

but the suggest RJB made for you to look into other carriers like ATT or Alltel isnt a bad idea,

10. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Alltel would be good there. Actually you can force your phone over to alltel at your house. It's free roaming. If you have the lg 8600...

Menu + 0 + 000000

Then network select

then Band preference

then select "cell only"

That will make your phone look for the 800 mhz cdma signal. Which should be alltel for your area as i believe vzw is 1900 for NC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. kwayit

kwayit New Member

Thanks for the idea, but I don't have an 8600 any more and I can't change my profile name. I guess I need a new account.
    I now have an eNv and I don't know if I can roam to other networks.

I do know that ATT service works great at my house but its really not an option to switch for two reasons.
    1) I travel a lot and Verizon works best pretty much every where else.
    2) We just entered a new 2 year contract with 2 phones.

Any ideas for getting the eNv to change networks?

12. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Okay, with the unit open do this ##77647269900 then press send. Then service code 000000.

If that doesn't work and you have the silver one, again with the unit open, press Menu + 0 + 000000. If it doesn't work with the unit open try it closed. But it should work open.

The rest should be similar to the 8600's band preference changing.

13. BSI

BSI New Member

I have the same coverage problem at my new home and my only internet service is a built Verizon card on my laptop...A REAL PAIN!!!....Verizon map says I should have broadband reception and I can barely get on line if at all in my home office...they said it was a "terrain" problem also but that's BS as it's flat as hell all around where I live...just got a new Pearl and 2 yr plan and use their service in biz travels so it's hard to switch carriers...anyone had any luck with a repeater tower?...thanks...oh yeah, I'm just outside Nashville and not far from their big call center in Murfreesboro, TN

ps-is there a map link with Verizon tower locations?....I can't seem to find one

14. kwayit

kwayit New Member

From that, it just gives the 'number you have dialed blah blah blah' message and doesn't accept any 0's.

I know that ATT's signal is fine in my yard, I'd love to be able to roam to that 'extended network' if possible. I'm not sure what questions to ask Verizon, either.

15. strunke

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Are you doing it with the phone "open" and have you tried the menu 0 000000 while open as well?

You wont' be able to roam on att. Different technology.

16. kwayit

kwayit New Member

Yea, any menu followed by numbers just beeps and nothing happens. I also tried it on each menu option.
    Maybe the eNv is just limited in what networks it can use? The 800 MHZ, 1900, 700 coming soon is not something that I understand. I only know that evdo is theirs and its different from the other guys, but partnered with Europes Vodophone.
    I wonder if the new eNv will be better? I think that they might let me change phones early because they admit that the service here is below their standards. Above in this thread, they have let people out of the cancelation penalty due to the same problem.

By ATT I meant that I want to take better advantage of their "extended roam" that I see from time to time.

17. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    If you want to send me a PM I will help you get on alltel.