Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Dead ringers on VX6000 working with cable

Discussion in 'Apps ~ Ringtones ~ Games ~ Wallpapers ~ Mods' started by downlowcamaro, Aug 16, 2003.

1. downlowcamaro

downlowcamaro New Member

Ok I was able to upload a dead ringer from matrixm.com to my vx6000 via the data cable. Once you convert the wav file to qcp rename it to only have numbers in the file name (this is the only way I was able to get by the brew auto delete). Use GAGIN to upload the qcp to /VoiceDB/All/Memos. The qcp file will show up with just a tape no file info under voice memos but if it is doing the same thing as it did to me it will give you a playback error. (Sometimes for it to work each time I had to select edit title and type something in or else it will not show up in the next step) Then go to picture messaging and attach the voice memo to a message and send. You can cancel and it will just show up as failed in the outbox. From there follow the normal saving procedure and there you go you have a voice ringer...
    If you have any problems let me know and I will see if I can help you. If it doesn't work the first time keep trying it took me a few tries to get it to work on some files.

Finally, there may be easier ways to do this procedure but this is the only way that I have had success with each time i did it

2. BuddyFillmore

BuddyFillmore New Member

Where did you find the data cable???? let us know so we too can be cool with dead ringers

3. Dozer

Dozer New Member

What is a "dead ringer"

4. Hawk2064

Hawk2064 New Member

yea man what cable did you use I've been waiting days till the Vx6000 one comes out, but I think the Vx10 cable will work, It worked on my friend's Vx4400!