Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Davis, Sac, Bay Area

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by sunsun, Dec 3, 2001.

1. sunsun

sunsun Junior Member

Hi Everyone,

new to here.
    I have one more month and I will cancel my stupid Cingular service.
    Hoever, I haven't decided which I should go for next, AT&T or Verizon?
    I travel around Davis(UCD), Berkeley(UCB), San Francisco alot.
    Can anyone give me some ideas?

Thank you so much

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Hi Sunsun,

I travel through all those areas. My AT&T Wireless service is great. There was one poster several months back that felt ATT in Sac was not good, but I counter-posted that I've used my phone in Sac several times without any problem. I asked for a few more details but he/she never responded. Basically, if you don't already know, Ericsson phones do not have a good reputation except that I recently read that the T28 was pretty good (my experience is to stay away from them).

ATT is currently offering a voice-dial, voice-command Panasonic phone called the Allure. I just today read a thread that someone got it on new activation for less than $50 (after various rebates). I got it in Tracy, CA for $90 after rebates. I started a Yahoo! Group for this phone on Nov.22 and I already have 52 members from across the USA. Demographics: Age of the group ranges from late teens to early 50's, 96% male. All are owners or soon-to-be owners of this phone.

Kevin

3. Rich

Rich Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint- AT&t
    Hi Sunsun, Welcome...glad to have you here. You might want to browse around in this forum just a little to get an idea of what people say about some of these companies, I personally use Nextel and have never had a problem with them in the bay area. I know Nextel, At&t and Verizon all have a thirtyday return policy so... test them out and if you want some info on what Nextel has to offer check out my postings in this forum " Nextel's current web promotions" and " Nextel's smallest phone yet" ..... and remember your the customer, if you have any ? (about Nextel) you can e-mail me. Good luck, Rich

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sunsun

sunsun Junior Member

Thank you so much your advice.
    I check the board almost everyday and feel that you guys are so knowledgable. Nice to talk to you all.
    My father got verizon and there is a drop call at san francisco in my house. anyway, I think i will go for ATT