Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

CENTRAL U.S. -- data billing question

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by phizzler, Dec 8, 2009.

1. phizzler

phizzler New Member

Soooo. cant find the answer on alltel and im not the main person under my account. So hopin someone will be able to help me.

This data calling confuses me. What is a data call? I have a ton of them on my bill, $76 worth! Have no clue how to stop them. Some of them are billed and others are not, why is that?

Example:
    10/29/09 05:47 PM DATA-1X/DO,CL 000-000-0000 1.0 AT $ 0.40 $ 0.40
    10/29/09 04:22 PM DATA-1X/DO,CL 000-000-0000 1.0 AT $ 0.00 $ 0.00

any help would be great! Thanks!

2. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Well it looks like you are still only being billed for data per minute used. So it comes out of your anytime minutes or during your n/w time. Just like a phone call.

And you are getting charged the overage charge per minute and that is where the problem is. You aren't really being charged for the data used. Just for the length of time you are using it. So between those two times it was used you ran out of your anytime minutes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Correct. As for what was being done, it's anybody's guess. The system doesn't track what the data was, just that it was being used and for how long

4. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

If you use Celltop or a similar program or try getting on the web while you are in your daytime minutes, you will see charges like that.