Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Custom Ringers with 3586i

Discussion in 'Apps ~ Ringtones ~ Games ~ Wallpapers ~ Mods' started by aaronrkelly, Jun 13, 2003.

1. aaronrkelly

aaronrkelly Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX5550
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular
    I just noticed something with my phone that is WAY different than with the 3585. When you download new ringtones its puts them in the TONES directory. When setting your tone you can choose OPEN GALLERY to get to the downloaded ones (and a few others Nokia included) but the OPEN GALLERY is NOT an option when you go set a custom tone for a single person or a caller group. Basically what this means is you will not be able to use any of your downloaded custom tones for anything other than your main ringer - this really sucks.

Unless my phone is different than yours.[​IMG]

2. Tanielu

Tanielu New Member

Hey, you are able to download ringtones for the Nokia 3586i?.. HOW, and WHERE Can I do this? My wife and I have been searching all over the net for some tones for her new phone. Please let me know about this.. Also, do you know if Audiovox 8500's can take downloaded songs as well?

Thanks!

-Daniel-

3. aaronrkelly

aaronrkelly Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX5550
    Wireless Provider(s):
    US Cellular
    Actually the easiest place is www.uscellular.com

There is a spot on the front page lower right corner - just log in and your set. Costs $.95 a tone I believe. I have found a few other sites that let you send tones but you will have to have a wireless email address added to your phone ($1.95 a line) and then the good sites are still pay - if US Cellular has a few tones you want thats the cheapest and easiest route as they dont require you to have the wireless email address.

If you need any more info just email me

aaronrkelly@hotmail.com

4. ryantaylorb

ryantaylorb New Member

My company carries both these phones in question: Audiovox 8500 and Nokia 3586i.
    No, the 8500 can't accept new tones. It is the most irritating phone EVER. Lots of software problems.

5. wyldekard

wyldekard Member

My Phone:
    Toshiba CDM9900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW & USCC (for one more month)
    The reason the 8500 has problems is because it's made by Hyundai hiding behind another name (Curitel??).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. braindead500

braindead500 Member

My 8500 on virgin mobile can take ringtones, I have 14 of them

7. ryantaylorb

ryantaylorb New Member

Virgin only I'm afraid