Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

CT cingular GSM??

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by G20Ryder, Aug 11, 2002.

1. G20Ryder

G20Ryder Member

is cingular in CT going to move to GSM?? i see that NY and NJ have GSM why not CT its between both states??

2. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Because in CT, Cingular is the old SNET TDMA service. In NY and NJ, Cingular is sharing VoiceStream's GSM network.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. G20Ryder

G20Ryder Member

ohh. think there are any plans for us to switch to GSM?

4. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Not anytime soon...they will overlay CT with GSM, but only God knows when.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bfbchief

bfbchief New Member

I think it will be sooner than a lot of people think. If you got to the Connecticut Siting Council's home page (sorry I don't have the link off hand) they are the people that ALL providers have to go through to get approved to put up new towers and to upgrade exisiting ones.

Lately ATT and Cingular have been putting in a lot of request to upgrade towers. All I can think of is that it is GSM.

I am sure it will be soon.

6. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Hopefully in 2003...but I meant not anytime soon as in this year. The process take time from the moment the request is made, to the moment the switches are installed and working. Cingular announced that they will have their GSM overlay complete by 2004. Hopefully CT will be sooner than that.

7. bfbchief

bfbchief New Member

Not that it matters to me but for the ones that have Cingular I have seen a lot of towers being worked on. I come home on I-84 everyday and see a lot of people hanging off the towers doing something to them.

Hopefully later this year or early 2003. I did read somewhere and I get remember whether it was att or Cingular but one of them is coming out with GSM in CT in Sept on the 24th I believe....

8. cucopasuryn

cucopasuryn Junior Member

AT&T is coming with GSM in september, they are opening new stores in brass mill(wtby) and in Westfarms, i know this because they already have agent stores in those malls, and now they are going to open their on stores, and the agents are mad. anyway Cingular are schedule for GSM in october but if the test don`t do good it may be delayed for next year. i`m sure they don`t want to have problems on christmas time.