Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cricket can NOT port from Net10

Discussion in 'PRE-PAID Cell Phone Companies and Plans' started by phazei, Jun 27, 2008.

1. phazei

phazei New Member

I talked to Cricket it appears they can't port my number from Net10. The number was originally ported to Net10, so I don't get why they can't get it away from them.

Cricket said they have no contract with Net10 so they can't send a port request to them. They said they sent the request to ATT/Cingular since they own Net10 but did not recieve a response back from them.

What can I do about this?

2. Killer269

Killer269 New Member

My Phone:
    Kyocera Lingo
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    Just a thought, I dont know if it will work. Have you tried callin Att/Cingular tellin them your story, to see if maybe they can help you or direct you where you can get help???

3. phazei

phazei New Member

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I actually did do that, and they couldn't help. After talking to another couple reps at Cricket, one of them was able to help me. He actually called Cingular and sat on hold with them for like 30min with me. He said his supervisor came by and thought he was crazy. Apparently they usually don't actually take the time to do that. There were some issues with my number so the auto process wouldn't work. He had to do it the long way. But it did get done. Mad props to that guy. Though it isn't their standard procedure to go out of the way for the customer and provide the A+ service this guy did.

4. Killer269

Killer269 New Member

My Phone:
    Kyocera Lingo
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    The way I see, they should go out of their way to help their customer. That is how they are gettin their money. They dont help us, then we will find some other carrier to go too. But that is how I see it.