Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Coverage report(s)

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Airb330, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Went to Ohiopyle, PA 2 weekends ago. White water rafting was fun, but way too crowded....made the river too dangerous this year. Had good coverage throughout eastern MD (listened to radio via vision) and DC. Lost Sprint native coverage on PA Route 40, but regained it in Nemacolin PA (with Power Vision!!! Must be due to the fancy rich hotel and their guests). Lost it again but regained it in Farmington and Uniontown. Verizon was the roaming partner in PA and was better than it was in 04. US Cellular was the roaming partner in places like Frostburg, MD when Sprint got weak.

Service in Myrtle Beach last week was OK. Better than Verizon, but still severely lacking compared to Cingular. Barely any service in my aunt's place, same with Verizon. The roaming partner was Verizon?! I thought it'd be Alltel...which is equally bad. Some places in SC it was Alltel (boonies) and in NC it was US Cellular.

Overally, I was pleased with Sprint. If I didn't have coverage, I had CDMA roaming, even if it was weak. For the price I pay and for the perks (streaming radio was nice for the PA trip) I get....I was happy.

2. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i went to Williamsburg Virginia and the coverage was very patchy.........almost all of the time i roamed on Alltel.....but there was almost perfect Verizon service with EV-DO i was disappointed that it wouldn't roam on Verizon because even Alltel is patchy in the buildings down there

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChaosThyre81

ChaosThyre81 Member

How do you get the loyalty discount?

4. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    ooooooooooooo.............loyalty discount????...............pretty............do tell

:googlyeye

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I get the loyalty discount but it's only 5% for me. But I also get 10% off for the CU Corp. discount.

6. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Alltel is pretty big in this area, I tried my work Laptop with the Verizon card & it connected but was real slow & not real usable for me, it wouldn't connect to the Alltel towers.
    My Sister in Law & her family are pretty happy with Alltel down there, My Cingular coverage was pretty good, with the exception of going into a couple of stores. At the 1st village & where the ships are I had good coverage & out at Yorktown I had good/decent coverage.

One of my Nephews has T-Mobile in Williamsburg & doesn't seem to have a problem with them, in most area's, which suprised me. I think he doesn't get coverage at the 1st village though.

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    well.....in buildings especially.....i had to stand near windows to make calls while roaming on Alltel......Verizon had full bars cuz my cousin has Verizon and they had EV-DO capabilities too......is it cheaper for Sprint to have customers roam on Alltel instead ov Verizon?