Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Coverage in Rhode Island/Connecticut/New Jersey

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Nextel32708, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Nextel32708

Nextel32708 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia Lumia 710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Voice/SMS/Data)
    So, I am on vacation in the mid-New England. It's beautiful! We flew into Providence, Rhode Island. I brought along both my Nokia 5190 (for outdoors), and my Samsung Katalyst (for indoors).

In Rhode Island coverage was solid in Providence and all the way down I-95.

In Connecticut on I-95 coverage got weak in some spots, but I never did loose service. In Mystik, Noank, and coastal New London service is pretty good.

I will report in more detail as I travel around more, and have some reports coming from New Jersey soon.

Overall T-Mobile has been fairing well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  2. Nextel32708

Nextel32708 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia Lumia 710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Voice/SMS/Data)
    So my 5190 screen just went out a few days ago... so I am using my Katalyst.

I did go north of I-95 into the Gallup Hills - let me tell you it was BEAUTIFUL. And T-Mobile didn't do too well after about going two miles north of I-95. We traveled on CT-40 and had very minimal service - it was mostly "911 ONLY" on at&t... but that's okay - cause it was peaceful!

So... on CT-40 T-Mobile has 911 ONLY service in most spots. I mean on the tops of some hills there was service, but not too much.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Tmobile BLOWS in the northern part of the state