Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Coverage in O'ahu...

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Nextel32708, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Nextel32708

Nextel32708 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia Lumia 710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Voice/SMS/Data)
    Hello, so I took a vacation to the Hawaiian island of O'ahu, and I had my trust ic902 with me so I could stay in touch with all my mainland friends. When looking at the online coverage map, I appeared to me that Sprint had decent service, but once off the highway you lost it.

Well... I have to say that was not the case. We went on some pretty rural roads through the rainforest mountains and I still had native PCS signal. All along H1, H2, H3, 61, 63, and the O'ahu Coastal Freeway (as the local called it - 83). Coverage was great in Waikiki, Honolulu, and even all around North Shore. Not to mention coverage at Pearl Harbor, and the Punchbowl were great. We also hiked Diamond Head, and I never once lost service there either. Even at Nuuanu Pali State Park/Lookout service was reliable. And at Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve service was good.

The ONLY place I lost signal/service was while in the elevator at the hotel.

Thought I would just let everyone know how Sprint did on O'ahu - since there probably aren't too many reports from that area. And we also had a few T-Mobile phones, and a few AT&T phones. T-Mobile did horribly - with only coverage in North Shore, Waikiki, Punchbowl, Pearl Harbor and Honolulu - not at Diamond Head, and not on many of the highways going through the mountains. AT&T was on par with Sprint, with the exception of Sprint having a bit more service in Pali Lookout.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...