Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

coverage in findlay Ohio

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by Cailiff04, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Cailiff04

Cailiff04 Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me, i've noticed alot of new antennas going up on current towers in findlay Ohio. Are we getting a new carrier? Is one of the major carriers planning to add better coverage here? It's odd cuz just recentally I've seen to new antennas added on to sites that are right along I-75. One is located at I-75 and SR 12 and the other is located along I-75 just north of CR 99 zip code here is 45840 any help is appreciated!! thanks!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cellular_freak

cellular_freak Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 5S 64GB White
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Re: coverage

It could very well be iPCS. They have been expanding pretty rapidly here in Michigan. Their coverage tends to be a little on the poorer side and only tended to stick to major highways. Now, they're finally expanding in more of their territory especially to Nextel towers, I've noticed. I don't know if they also have an agreement with Nextel like Sprint does, or if it's just to compete with Nextel.

A lot of people think it could be a sign that they could eventually be bought out by Sprint. They need to be anyways because Sprint has bought out the rest of their affiliates already, this is just their last major one that is causing a few problems for them.

3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Re: coverage

Yes a couple of those in Ohio are IPCS. In fact IPCS has added an additional 20 new sites since July 1st (after adding 67 new sites from April 1 to June 30th of this year). This is a huge expansion for a small carrier of their size.

4. Cailiff04

Cailiff04 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    what is IPCS??
    isnt it an affiliate of sprint? Why would they put 2 new antennas so close to a sprint antenna already??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Yes they are a Sprint affiliate. Findlay is served by IPCS not Sprint corporate.

You were asking who they might be and I told you that IPCS was a possibility because they have expanded in Ohio. You didn't mention that Sprint already had a close antenna.

6. cellular_freak

My Phone:
    iPhone 5S 64GB White
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    And also, he may be thinking that the "Sprint" tower is Sprint corporate instead of iPCS. They could just be doing it to add coverage.

7. Cailiff04

Cailiff04 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Thats a possibility!!! Kinda strange though!!!

8. Cailiff04

Cailiff04 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    so if i get near the tower and do *22803 on my verizon phone I should get full bars correct??

9. coalminer

coalminer Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Tour
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Im going to throw my 2 cents worth in here and say that it is probably Revol that is building in that area. Are they building enclosures at the base of the towers? Revol just uses cabinets, and they are usually marked. That area is directly between the Toledo areas and where Cricket picks up on I75, so it makes sense for them to build in that area.

10. cellular_freak

My Phone:
    iPhone 5S 64GB White
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Do they even own their own network? They show that they have coverage in Detroit, but I'm almost 100% positive that I've never even heard of them being in the state of Michigan. It would appear as if they are using somebody else's network, like MetroPCS or something.

11. coalminer

coalminer Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Tour
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    They roam on Metro in Detroit, and Cricket in any of thier markets that are close. Metro users in Detroit can roam on Revol in their service areas (Cleveland, Toledo, Columbus and Youngstown)

I looked on the FCC website and cant tell if they own any of the PCS blocks, however I dont think it has been updated in a while.

12. Cailiff04

Cailiff04 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Both of the new antennas have enclosures. I building at the bottom of the tower. It's hard to say who it could be...perhaps Verizon adding more capacity and better coverage? Who knows!!

13. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    That probably rules out Sprint (IPCS) then because as far as I know 90% of all Sprint sites out there do not have enclosures (unless they are drop-in synergy sites with Nextel).

14. Cailiff04

Cailiff04 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    maybe i can get close to one of the 2 towers that have the antennas on them and just maybe it's posted as to who owns the antenna. I know that the other carrier on both towers is alltel and both towers are owned by american tower