Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Coverage in east Contra Costa County, CA

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I live in east Contra Costa County, CA near the town of Brentwood. I'm currently with Cingular. Signal strength in and around my house is poor. Using Nokia 6190 or 5190's we can occasionally get usable signal at certain magic spots in the house.

Anyone know which carriers have the best signal for this area?

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Hello,

I live in Tracy. Just this past weekend my wife and I were going steer crazy from all the rain and cold weather and decided to just go for a "little" drive. 105 miles later, we had made a huge loop: up J4 to hwy 4 (through Brentwood, Oakley, etc) and then west on 4, south to 242 to 680. Got back off frwy and followed the footage road through Walnut Creek, Alamo, Danville. Hooked left onto Crow Canyon road and followed it up to the road that eventually becomes Santa Rita in Pleasanton, but took a left onto the backroads north of 580 all the way up to Vasco in Livermore, where we finally got on 580 and headed home.

My point: I have AT&T Wireless. Not once did I drop signal.

Kevin

My Website

P.S. Its raining AGAIN! (12/29/2001 1PM)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Kevin,

Thanks for your response.

Do you know any way I can check AT&T and/or Verizon's signal strength where I live? I can't afford to sign up for both and do my own testing.

Where I live (northeast of Brentwood near Knightsen) there is a tower about a mile south of me. Do you know any way I can find out whose it is? Is there any way to find out where each carriers' towers are in my area as a way of evaluating signal coverage?

Ross Last

4. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I believe AT&T gives you 3 days to where you can get out of your contract and take the phone back and get all of your money refunded. What you can do is maybe try AT&T for a couple of days and if you don't like it return it back to get your money refunded. I believe Verizon Wireless gives you 2 weeks to try out there service and if you don't like it you can return it to get your full money refunded.

5. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Ross,

Dan is close with his time limits. Here in Northern Calif ATT allows 30 days for a trial period (don't confuse this with a calendar month--it is literally 30 days). Verizon allows 15 days. Both services are comparable contenders for your business. I do list links to tower locators on the website I provided earlier.

Kevin

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Kevin,

The trial period numbers for AT&T and Verizon you gave are the same I came up with. Thanks.

Yesterday I spoke to a Cingular customer service operator. She said that she had been told that Cingular is bringing some new sites and enhanced sites on line some time around February or March. Do you know anything about this?

Ross

7. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Though I work for another subsid owned by SBC, no, I know nothing of that subsid's dealings. All vendors continue petitioning for new tower sites. It wouldn't surprise me that what you were told is true. The building I work in (in Dublin, CA) was just solisted by Nextel to put a tower on top of it.

Ross, unless you are concerned about maintaining anonymous status, I welcome you to write me: yoda2u@ureach.com

8. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Oops sorry about the dates for AT&T that I had Suncom's trial period is only 3 days and I thought AT&T's was too guess I was wrong about that one sorry. At least I got Verizon's basically right hehe only off by one day.