Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Convert MP3 polyphonic ringtones to MIDI?

Discussion in 'Apps ~ Ringtones ~ Games ~ Wallpapers ~ Mods' started by Mastermind, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Mastermind

Mastermind New Member

I am able to download some polyphonic ringers onto my PC from various sites, but a few are in .MP3 format. Does anyone know how to convert these .MP3 polyphonic tones to MIDI files so that I can transfer it to my phone via pcspix.com (which does not support .MP3 file extensions)? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. maciej

maciej Banned

Sounds like you only downloaded a preview for a polyphonic ringtone not an actual ringtone itself. Few phones out there can use MP3 clips as ringtones so not all hope is lost...

3. BOUGHMEISTER

BOUGHMEISTER New Member

does myphonefiles work on the lg4400??? i have a voice wav file that i have to have turned into a ringer

4. Stupiud

Stupiud Yea, I can hear you now!

My Phone:
    D2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    you cannot convert mp3s to MIDIs.

mp3 is a compression standard to compress .wav... MIDI is a totally different format then .wav

its like trying to convert CD music into modem tones.....

5. maciej

maciej Banned

Is your LG4400 with Verizon? If so send me that Wav file (admin@myphonefiles.com) as an attachment and I will convert it and send it to your phone. Actually I am pretty excited because it looks like I found a way to send images, regular ringtones, AND voicetones to Verizon phones. I tested my little Voicetones Studio app on VX6000 phone only (Verizon network) and would like to test it on another Verizon phone as well.