Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Consumer Cellular Internet Settings

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by f69tele, May 11, 2011.

1. f69tele

f69tele New Member

Hi,

I have (2) unlocked Nokia phones that were used with AT&T previously. One is an N78 the other an E63. I have new service and sim cards from Consumer Cellular. I have tried putting in the following settings in each of my phones, but can't connect to the internet. I am aware that Consumer Cellular doesn't guarantee their data plans will work with phones they don't sell. But, I just wonder if I have over-looked something with these settings, or if there is a step or process I am leaving undone.

Consumer Cellular sells a couple of Nokia phones and they use AT&T's network so I don't see why this shouldn't work. Any ideas or suggestions? Here are the settings:

Service Name MMS....................................................................... Web
    Proxy Address proxy.mvno.ccmobileweb.com .........................<blank>
    Proxy Port 80...........................................................................<blank>
    Proxy Push Disabled..................................................................Enabled
    Authentication Type Secure............................................................Secure
    Username (CSD/GPRS) <blank>..................................................<blank>
    Password (CSD/GPRS) <blank> ..................................................<blank>
    GPRS access point att.mvno...........................................................att.mvno
    Homepage http://mmsc.cingular.com.............................................http://mmsc.cingular.com

the only thing I haven't found on my Nokia phones is the setting for PROXY PUSH. Maybe this is the issue?

#1 f69tele, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
  2. f69tele

f69tele New Member

Follow up:

after getting a "can't be done" response from a "tech" at CC, I re-read their website Support forum and decided that it contradicted what I was told. So I called back, talked to a Tech. Support Associate who was very knowledgeable and helpful. Made a few changes to my account in their system, told me to power the phone off and back on, Presto: worked perfectly, got on the web no problem.

Case Closed!

3. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    You may have already come across the info below from the CC website, for others trying to do the same thing, this may be of some help.

Found this at: Consumer Cellular Phone Support - Online Customer Service for Consumer Cellular Users

Under "Topics" > "Voicemail, Text Messaging, Wireless Web and Other Features" > "Wireless Web" sub-topic.

It pretty much details what was posted above. So for others trying this, and it's not working, it may be one of those phones incompatible with their data service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 M in LA, May 11, 2011
    Last edited: May 11, 2011
  4. fuzzywuzzy

fuzzywuzzy New Member

Hi,
    I have the exact same problem. Is there a name of a particular support person at CC that I can ask for?