Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering a MOTO E4 Plus

Discussion in 'ANDROID Phones, Tablets and Devices' started by rjniles, Aug 6, 2017.

1. rjniles

rjniles Junior Member

My Phone:
    MOTO X Gen 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I am current using a MOTO X generation 2 and the battery is getting tired. I am not a power user in any sense; read some news groups, email, Facebook, take a few low res pictures, all of which the MOTO X does fine. Problem is I run out of battery mid afternoon.

Looking at the new MOTO E4 Plus. Slightly larger screen but lower resolution. Slower processor 1.4 (E) vs 2.5 GHz (X). More memory and the same amount of RAM. Android 7 (E4) vs Android 6 (X). E4 does not have NFC but I don't use it on my MOTO X. Here is the biggie 5000 mAh (E3) vs 2800 mAh (X).

Moto E4 Plus is $140 @ Amazon Prime with ad screens.

Here is a complete side by side comparison:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?p=5498,4576
    Question (or your opinions), will I be happy with this new phone

palandri likes this.
  2. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Nexus 6P
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    I think ad screens would drive me crazy.

dmapr likes this.
  3. rjniles

rjniles Junior Member

My Phone:
    MOTO X Gen 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The ads are only on the lock screen. I have the same on my Kindle and I never really notice them.

My real concern will the slower processor bother me (and will I notice any real difference). Also will the lower resolution screen be an issue?

palandri likes this.
  4. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Nexus 6P
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi

5. scottb

scottb Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Google Pixel
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    If you haven't made a choice yet look at the G5 Plus. It can be had for $250 or less now and is fantastic for a low budget phone. The 3000 mAh battery is plenty for that device and easily got me through the day with power to spare. I can barely say that for my Pixel XL and never came close with the smaller Pixel. If you don't mind a mediocre camera give it a look.

rjniles likes this.