Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Connecting PC to UTstarcom 8955

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by KHolder, Mar 7, 2008.

1. KHolder

KHolder New Member

I have been messing with this issue for hours and hours. I can get my PC and my UTStarcom 8955 to pair but I can't get them to bond. Whenever I try to send a file while they are just paired I get the dreaded OBEX error. " If you sent the file to a Bluetooth device, make sure the OBEX File Push Profile is installed." I am running Windows XP and have tried reinstalling my drivers. At one point I got it so that it asked me to enter a Pin in order to bond but I guess I entered the pin wrong and then it no longer worked. At this point when I have them paired, the phone shows the following services Dial-Up Network (DUN) and Serial Port (SPP) "BT DIAG". Does it matter what com ports they are on? Does that have any affect? At this point I've tried reestablishing the connection between the two so many times that I'm on COM 30 or so. Any advice would be great.

Thanks.