Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Confused about which data plan for BB Pearl

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by dtownfb, Feb 17, 2008.

1. dtownfb

dtownfb Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I'm about to upgrade to a BB Pearl (NE 2) for my wife. The main use of the Pearl will be to hold her calendar and contacts (sync with Outlook) and keep track of her e-mmail since she feels the need to volunteer for everything. She would update the calendar and contacts using a USB cord. I understand there are two options: $29 E-mail & mobile web and $44 unlimited.

For the intended use of the BB Pearl, I plan on the $29 option. Is there a reason for my wife to go with the unlimited data package?

I want to make sure we are not missing something. I have a BB through work that links to my company's network and constantly sends data. We will not have this going on with the Pearl

2. Jodi

Jodi Keep on swimming...

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I just got the Pearl 2 weeks ago. I just added the $29.99 unlimited email/web package to my current voice plan. The $29.99 plan is also unlimited, so I don't know what $44 option you're referring to.

3. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    there are 2 solutions.....one is called Email and Web for Blackberry at $29.99

the other is called Blackberry Solution Unlimited Data Usage at $44.99

from the looks of it the $30 plan is meant more for personal Blackberry use.....the typical Blackberry plan

the $45 plan I think provides Blackberry Enterprise Server Support with the OP doesnt need from the look of his post..............i'm also wondering if this is Verizons Blackberry International Package??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jodi

Jodi Keep on swimming...

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Ah, okay...the $45 is for the BES rather than the BIS at $29.99....makes sense.

I agree...if the user is using the BB for a personal use, then the $29.99 plan is more than sufficient.

5. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yeah......its kinda like getting standard blackberry and professional blackberry

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...