Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Compatibility of Euro phone on SunCom

Discussion in 'All Other Wireless Companies' started by wally774, Jun 12, 2006.

1. wally774

wally774 New Member

Hello,
    I'm looking to purchase a phone designed for senior citizens for an elderly parent. The provider here is SunCom and I'm trying to determine if the phone will work on SunCom's network. The maker of the phone is a company named Emporia and the phone model is the EmporiaLife, which according to their literature supports GSM 900/1800 and CDMA 850/1900. SunCom uses GSM but not this frequency. Can anyone tell me if this phone will work on SunCom's network. I tried SunCom's customer service but the person I spoke with was no help - basically saying that I'd just have to get it and try it. Thanks for any info.
    Wally

2. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    If the phone does not have 850 MHz and 1900MHz GSM capability, it will not work on any GSM carrier in the US. 900/1800 are Europe/Asia GSM frequencies.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. storkus

storkus Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V3xx RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular--Locked in another 2 yrs :(
    Check this out: http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=2167&source=RSS

According to this, this phone is interesting: either North American 850/1900 OR
    900/1800 rest of the world, but GSM only either way. Which means it should be
    available here, though I've never seen it. On the other hand, you HAVE to get it
    spec'd for N. America because this isn't a quad-band device.

Mike