Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Comparison map of coverage for the "On-Network" plans of Verizon, AT&T and Sprint PCS

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Comparison map of coverage for the "On-Network" plans of Verizon, AT&T and Sprint PCS

Comparison of coverage for the "On-Network" plans of Verizon, AT&T and Sprint PCS can be found at http://www.mountainwireless.com/3netmap.htm.

Looks like VZ America's Choice smokes the other two.

"The truth shall set you free."

2. jmccrane

jmccrane Bronze Senior Member

Check the Cingular Nation Preferred map (for TDMA not GSM) against those maps. It equals Verizon's AC coverage, IMHO.

Also to note, "on-network" does not necessarily mean "carrier-owned." Both Verizon and Cingular have free raoming agreements with Sprint, Alltell, AT&T, etc. that allow those towers to go on their "on-network" maps.

3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Cingular Nation Preferred TDMA map actually has more coverage than Verizon AC. Make a side by side comparison and you'll see. However, in the southeast states like FL, GA, SC and NC, Verizon has more on-network coverage than Cingular.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    America's Choice is the best still IMO for most people. I mean Cingular's doesn't even include all of I-95 from my state down to Florida, just mostly sketchy service in southern states. Now out west there seems to be more Cingular coverage, but that has to be analog I would think. So it's a trade-off, for me Verizon would be better in the NE/SE since that is where I live and visit the most. Plus I go out west alot and I'd be on network out there on Verizon.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

True. But in areas like NYC you can't even sign up for Cingular TDMA service you must get GSM. So, while their TDMA coverage is interesting the point is moot - at least for us in NYC.

6. tompug

tompug Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung X-427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, T-mobile, Verizon
    cingular;s coverage is decent (so is att and sprint) but equal to Verizon , lol .let;s get real here.

7. bludrac

bludrac New Member

just remember verizon map lies to you yes in some places they have better coverage but read the small print on the pamphlet. area map does not depict true coverage. whereas sprint is true to form. and we all know with cingular and there no roaming thing the phone just won't work if you go somewhere they don't have a contract with the local tower.[​IMG]

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Gee, that's just great!!! I'll sign up with them right away....NOT!!!!!

9. jmccrane

jmccrane Bronze Senior Member

Sorry, but Cingular will still work in many places where your Sprint phone will roam. I'll take my Cingular any day over Sprint.

Verizon's AC map is very misleading. Not to mention shrinking coverage (inexcusable) because they seem to eliminate part of the AC network controlled by Sprint, Alltel, or another free roaming partner every time they update the PRL.

10. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I think we are flying off the subject here. We originally were talking about mapped ON-NETWORK coverage areas in the US in general as depicted in the official maps. This has no relation with actual total coverage, quality of coverage, type of coverage (GSM vs TDMA) or coverage in a particular area. Those topics are better off for another thread as they are irrelevant to this discussion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...