Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Comparative shopping spreadsheet idea

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by KevinJames, Dec 22, 2001.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    All:

I've had an idea that I've been throwing around a while and wondered if anyone else would be interested in the following:

I was contacted (anonymously) by a carrier rep who said they maintained a spreadsheet of all carriers, all offers. He (or she) never responded to my inquiry about it but I thought it would be an excellent resource for all Wireless Advisor posters.

I was thinking of starting up a similar spreadsheet (one tab per carrier) as a history for the year, and then posting updated copies on my website 12 to 24 times a year (once to twice monthly). According to the anonymous poster, details of rate plans, promotional offers, phones, etc. were changing daily. I doubt that anyone here needs that much info. But it would be an excellent reference resource for easy analysis and comparative shopping.

I am willing to do the North California spreadsheet, including ATT, Cingular, Nextel, Sprint and Verizon (did I miss anyone?). What I am looking for are other volunteer/contributors to do the same in major markets across the USA. Depending on each volunteer's personal preferences, they are welcome to email me and I will post it on my website, or, if they have their own site, they can post it there and then inform everyone with a post in their regional forum.

Those interested, please email me: yoda2u@ureach.com

Kevin

2. milarepa

milarepa New Member

Kevin

Though I will email you separately, I wanted to say here what a great idea this would be! I recall being amazed when first going online and having to make my own comparison sheet that some of the providers could even stay in business, they were so uncompetitive. Being a car/driving freak, i also use and support gaspricewatch.com, which truckers have told me saves them(and us !) thousands of dollars annually in fuel costs.

Finding wirelessadvisor has been equally important to my cellular venture and Im happy to pay back any way I can, even if I'm located up here in Analog Depopulated NEK VT.

Your designing the layout for the information will be the hard part really and plugging in the info will be easy after a time or two's experience defines the best way to update it.

Feel free to cross post this to the other area forums.

Peter

3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Peter,

I never got an email from you. Try emailing again.

Kevin