Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Codes For Nokia 5165

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by tbrusky, Mar 14, 2002.

1. tbrusky

tbrusky Junior Member

I have a Nokia 5165 and been looking around on the web and found some codes I can put in my phone and work great like for example your voicemail. xxx-xxxxp#xxxxyour number p stands for Paluse Pound and passcode. Which is cool. ANother of mine I saw but dont sure how to use this very well. But I did enable Field Test and have a new screen on the phone. this code you enter is *3001#12345#. You will see NAM1, NAM2, SECURITY, EMERGENCY, SW VERSION, SERIAL NUMBER, PROGRAMMED, FIELD TEST. Can anyone show me some light on these items and if you know any new cool stuff that will be added let me know. IS there any other cool codes that you have and like to share as well. I like to get most out of this phone and as much as possible. Great phone never had a problem with it yet. Just want to have more menus added and more games added with putting in a few codes. Hope this gets some replays.

2. tbrusky

tbrusky Junior Member

Also wondering on the Nokia 5165 where when you turn on phone and on the top underneath the time it has the carriers name seeing this is a prepaid phone and hooked up with Tracfones phone can I change the name Tracfone to who the real carrier is that Im on to there network. I know Im with CellularONe can I change that name to CellularOne. If anyone can help would be great.

3. Malial

Malial Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola v710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    NAM 1 and NAM 2 definitions from PhoneScoop:

"A part of the phone that stores a wireless device's phone number, lock code, timer reset code and other user information. The NAM is programmed by the service provider when a device is activated. The NAM also associates the Mobile Identification Number (MIN) with the Electronic Serial Number (ESN).

Some wireless phones have dual or multi-NAM features which allows the user to have more than one phone number."

Security, emergency, software version, serial number, are all pretty much what they sound.

Field test enables you to test the signal the phone is recieving, you SID (system identification), what tower you are on...stuff like that...

4. tbrusky

tbrusky Junior Member

I didnt get this one answered. On my nokia 5165 phone. Underneath the D stands for Digital and to the right of the D is the local time, below those two is your local carrier name. Is there anyway I can change that name to whatever your carrier is. If so let me know. ANy new codes that will inhance this nokia 5165 alot better.

5. erub

erub Junior Member

tbursky: You want to change the alpha tag. This is possible to do so, however, you will need some codes to do this. I changed mine from Cingular to "INSERT COIN" (hehe, i saw it on the internet and had to copy it - I can change it whenever I want). In order to sucessfully change your alpha tag, you need your providers' PSID/RSID, connected system ID, operator code (SOC), country code (which is 310 for all US carriers). The first 3 are numbers, for Cingular in Dallas they are 13722, 38, and 4 respectively. These are different in each locale and by each carrier, so these codes won't work for you. You'd need to find out the codes for Tracfone in your area (www.the-mobile.net might help, under phone tips and PSID/RSID list, but it looks like they dont have many codes for Cellular one/Tracfone. Then you use the *3001#12345# code, go to NAM1, go to PSID/RSID, put in the codes, and change your alpha tag to what you desire. Then turn the phone off and back on again, and it should work (if you ahve the right codes) Whew!

6. tbrusky

tbrusky Junior Member

I changed the Alpha Tag to CellularOne but on the main screen it doesnt change. Just trying to make my phone better to use thats all. thats for the website though, didnt help me much.

7. erub

erub Junior Member

you have to have the codes in order to override the name from the tower. Furthermore, you have to change to make the chnage under NAM1/PSID - not the first alpha tag blank under NAM1.

8. tbrusky

tbrusky Junior Member

ANyway that you tell me how to override the Alpha tag codes?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Are you talking about the name that displays when the phone is in standby, right above the date and time, or are you talking about when the phone is powered on??

10. tbrusky

tbrusky Junior Member

Im talking about the name when Im in standby. Like for example Cingular, Cellcom.

11. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

First you enter *3001#12345# Choose Nam1 settings. Got to banner.........then change it. You will have to power off the phone to get out of programing. Most companies now adays have programming lock codes on the phones. If you are a hacker.......you can find the code breakers online. hehe[​IMG]

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I was looking through and I was just wondering if there is some way that I, in the United States, could change my phone settings so that I could write a text message to send to my girlfriend in Venezuela who is on a different system? I know this sounds really extravagant, but who knows. It's worth a shot!

13. Guest

Guest Guest

security: the security code to reset your menu, timers, etc. (in case you forget it)
    serial: the ESN of the phone (sometimes the label on back is wrong)

S. Cole

14. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Cool, thanks for the codes tbrusky I just tried them on my Nokia 5165 and they work. I went into field test mode although I really don't know what the numbers mean. Right now I am getting -81 with 4 bars of Digital. What does camping mean after the numbers in the field test mode by the way? I see a bunch of numbers then below them there is a message saying Camping.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

There is NO way that you can Change anything in Tracfones......Its Prohibited

16. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]

I have a 5165 and a friend of mine told be about half frequency rate. Does anyone know how to turn it off? It's supposed to make the signal stronger but uses up more battery power. If anyone can let me know how to use it or if it's even possible to use on 5165 I'd really apreciate it..thanks

17. Guest

Guest Guest

i have a nokia 5165 and ATT as my service provider, when i type in the *3001#12345# and go to NAM1 i can change what it says, but when i turn the phone on it still says "HOME" does anyone know if i have to do something else or get another code to change it? also i have one of the light up antennas...and i think its screwing up my reception and signal..because when i'm in any house or building now it says no service? anyone who can help please e mail me at dmajors3@yahoo.com! thanx

18. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    On Verizon you simply put in that code *3001#12345# NAM1 then alpha tag....change it and you are good to go. No special tags or anything, very simple and easy on Verizon! (5185i) My friends with Cingular...you can change it but it never shows up on the screen, what someone said above with all those codes....thats too much trouble IMO. For once Verizon is better with the cool things since we don't have downloadable ringtones and such.

19. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Ok guys, here is the deal: Whether you can change the tag or not depends on the phone model not the carrier. Some Nokias are more difficult than others but it can be done.
    For some Nokias you simply go to the Alphatag in NAM1. Now, for those with a 5160, 5165, 8260 or 3360 you can still change it by going to the "PSID/RSID lists" menu inside NAM1. Select P/RSID1, then scroll to PSID/RSID and enter your local Private SID (PSID) then scroll down to Connected system ID and enter your home SID (the same number that is under NAM1 as "Home System ID"). After "Connected system ID" scroll down and you'll see an "Alphatag" field. This is where you enter what you want the phone to show up. Scroll down to SOC and enter 2049 for AT&T people and 3 for Cingular users. Country code should be 310. Don't mess with any other settings or you will screw your phone.
    Now, I mentioned that you need a Private SID number (PSID/RSID). Go to this website to find the PSID number for your area: http://www.the-mobile.net/psid/index.asp

If you don't enter these correctly, the tag you entered won't work. The trick about these settings is that it makes your phone think that there is another service available called "Private System" besides your default service which is known as the "Public system". If the phone sees there's a private system it will use those settings you entered in PSID/RSID lists including the alphatag and not the default settings from your operator. If the numbers are not entered correctly, the phone won't identify a "Private system" and will ignore your settings and use the default settings from your provider.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

Does Anyone have any clue on where to get nokia 5165 activation codes ???[​IMG]

21. CUZ

CUZ New Member

Camping?I need my phone to do this can you help me?

22. wbandyjr74

wbandyjr74 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VOYAGER
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VerizonWireless
    Hmm i cant find the code for my area just Boston..Anywhere else to look? As far as that camping thing i dont think it really does much just change #'s and that it...

23. wbandyjr74

wbandyjr74 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VOYAGER
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VerizonWireless
    I see people talk about hacks and what not...My question is/ Is it against the law? I just need a boost in reception

24. Guest

Guest Guest

dude what does that field test thing do?

25. Guest

Guest Guest

this site friggin sux at tellin u codes

26. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Ok I am going to start from the top:

Anonymous from June 29, Activation for what? your phone company has to enter your ESN in their system before you can say potato on your cell phone.

CAMPING just means your phone has registered with a tower and has a signal. Basically waiting to be used.
    Here's more info: http://geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/nokia_secrets.htm

Reception can be boosted by installing an external antenna or buying an amplifier.
    Go here: http://www.alternativewireless.com
    And look in Antennas.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  27. wbandyjr74

wbandyjr74 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VOYAGER
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VerizonWireless
  28. Guest

Guest Guest

what is the SOC code for Cellular one???

29. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey when I turn on my nokia 5165, the first thing before the welcome message is a picture with a cell phone and it says: safety, your most important call. What does that mean and how do i get it off?

30. GriffO44

GriffO44 New Member

I have a Nokia 5165 and the passcode thing to change my alpha tag does not work does anyone know what I can do???? I have At&T and I live in Cincy I did what it said and I checked everything and it is correct it wont change from AT&T though what do I do?