Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

CLIQ Question

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by BradQue, Mar 1, 2010.

1. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    I can't find a CLIQ specific forum so, since it's a TMobile device I thought I'd be OK posting my question here.

My CLIQ won't allow a Facebook account to be added to the Happenings Widget or the list of accounts. It produces an error saying that it can't add the account.

Also, Picasa shows up in the list of accounts but won't open.

I can use Facebook as an independent application from the home screen, but it won't do what the CLIQ is supposed to do and combine all social apps into the Happenings widget.

The CLIQ is 6 weeks old, seems to work fine other than the above. A TMobile Rep suggested that a hard reset may be the fix but............ugh, I really hate to have to rebuild all the settings and apps.

Has anyone experienced this problem or found a solution?

Thanks

Brad

2. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    I will check at work tomorrow for you

3. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Thanks, that's great. It's my wife's phone (traded here SK LX 2009 for it). She's a bit overwhelmed, probably because she's not a teenager, and frankly, I am too and I'm pretty savvy about most of this stuff.

Facebook works fine as a standalone app, just can't be set up in the Accounts section or to work with the Social Networking Notifications widget. We also set up PICASA Mobile in the Accounts section initially but it doesn't work either, same symptoms as Facebook.

I'm not wanting to do a complete reset, even though MotoBlur (and the Google Contacts/Calendar Sync) will restore the address book and the apps can probably be reinstalled easily enough.

The CLIQ seems to be pretty good as far as it's ergonomics go. The keyboard is great for sure. The touch screen is a bit prone to pocket dialing sometimes but is responsive when intentionally used.

As I said in a prior post, TMobile really impressed me with their willingness to help us out after several Sidekick outages - enough so that we are more than happy to stick with them for the long haul.

Brad

4. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    couldn't find any relevant known issues regarding facebook, best recommendation is to call and do the troubleshooting with tech before doing a reset

1 person likes this.
  5. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Thanks. I went through a series of steps with the tech support person. We deleted the accounts and tried to redo them - no luck. Removed the battery - no luck there either. I guess the hard reset option is looming on the horizon.

I appreciate your checking for me.

Brad

6. BradQue

BradQue Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sidekick 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    A hard reset it was and the thing works as intended now.

Interestingly, the MotoBlur feature allows an almost complete restoration after a hard reset - automatically. I only had to re add the applications that I had downloaded and they were easy since the Android Market keeps a record of previous downloads.

Thanks,

Brad

1 person likes this.